Priceline Hotel: 4* Montreal Hilton Bonaventure

TheKinz
By TheKinz,
in

We stayed at this property in 2002 when I first began to use Priceline. I hadn't discovered this forum yet then & really didn't know what I was doing. Anyway, we liked it. It has very pretty landscaping & a nice pool. It is quiet. They were accomodating in trying to find us two rooms close together & made at least one switch. The rooms were fine, as I recall. We stopped here twice, once on the way to Quebec City & once on the return. I would recommend it.

I've also stayed at the Hilton Bonaventure, and think you'll be very comfortable there. It's ideally located for transportation, right near the main train station, good bus and subways nearby. But it's definitely a businessman/convention type hotel. The entrance on street level (or though underground connections) is not really the hotel lobby. YOu have to go up several floors. The layout is odd, or some might say unique. The one negative is that no matter where your room is, it will be up or down at least a small flight of stairs. The landscaping/setting is very nice, and the rooms are well appointed with all of the amenities. But remember that odd layout thing - there's like 4 wings off each corner, and then they are divided into half floors, so you go up a few steps, and then, depending on your room location, up a few or down a few steps more. There's a nice lobby bar, and the concierge service is good and helpful.

• 4 months later...

Well the Hilton was a fun place to stay at. My fiance came down with mono on our week long vacation and we had to stay indoors a lot. We chilled at the pool a lot-it was relaxing, the pool side bartender was great, and it was a lot of fun overall. Almost all the nights we stayed there were prom parties. So, there were a lot of people around the hotel, which kind of sucked when we had to wait 30 min or more to get our valet parked car. It was a great time-I'd suggest it to anyone with a family. The rooms were not any more special than any other hotel, we had to pay for the wireless internet in the room (it's free in the lobbies but it's quite a walk from the rooms), but this super hotel is right in the heart of the business district and will probably be a good choice for families.

The garden too was beautiful. And the restaurants looked lovely. We had a garden view and I complained about a couple of spiders in the room, and they said it was because we were by the garden (and I did leave the windows open).

I won't be back there because of the price. Hope this review helps.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]