Issues with Priceline URL

bigredsfan
By bigredsfan,
in

A FT moderator posted this as a possible working link to PRICELINE:

http://travelc.priceline.com...home.do?rdr=2

I tried it, and it doesn't blow up my computer or else anything scary. Just took me straight into Priceline.

Romelle

Thanks

Did not work either

I have tried different browsers, different computers

I guess I will give up for now

I just hope my car rental was paid for by PL

kitty28 and others with this problem,

Maybe you could post which browsers you used? ISP? And whether you were on Macs or PCs. There are only a few reports of people having problems. Maybe there is a common thread among them.

Many years ago there was a PL glitch that kept Mac users (me and others) locked out for quite a while.

I'm on a Mac, Comcast ISP, and using Internet Explorer. While Priceline was really slow in the late part of this morning, I was able to get on and eventually got responses to my bids. In the afternoon it was working smoothly.

Romelle

Those free public library computers might work?

A user with this issue has emailed me and says it's an issue Canadian issue for anyone with Rogers as an ISP... for anyone else with this issue, are you in Canada and/or using Rogers as your ISP?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A user with this issue has emailed me and says it's an issue Canadian issue for anyone with Rogers as an ISP... for anyone else with this issue, are you in Canada and/or using Rogers as your ISP?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yes, I've been unable to get on Priceline since yesterday morning. I'm in Canada, on a Mac, with Rogers. So frustrating!!!

Yes Rogers here too

I am on a PC using Firefox & I.E.

If it is the ISP then..... if anyone finds the answer please let us know

As for only a few reporting problems not everyone know about this site or FT & may not look for place to report problem

UPDATE

Just cleared cookies & cache now I got in

Thanks Romelle

I forgot about that option

Deleted the cookies that way still no luck

I did manage to get 1 bid in before I was knocked out again :)

I think the Rogers IP is blocked from PL because of the spam that hppened on the weekend

Will try again in a few days

Good luck to all

PRICELINE is aware of the issue... as this ISP related, there is nothing that can be done from a local computer to bypass the issue.

It will require a bit of patience, or if short on time, try to use a computer which uses a different ISP (library, coffee shop, etc)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

you guys can thank me for Canada, LOL. I went through 3 days of this with Rogers Tech Support and for whatever reason inadvertently blocked priceline Canada Wide. Yes, Canada. A few tickets were sent down I spent hours with them wireless and wifi, and finally a day ago or so they called us to let us know the situation is solved.

All seems pretty right now, but not perfect. Had a few issues today but refreshed and got in. Now, I just need to win my bid for Buffalo!

Good luck to you guys in Canada finally!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]