Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (French Quarter) Marriott New Orleans

cfprunner
By cfprunner,
in

2.5 * New Orleans Downtown 10/16/11, Fit, Busi, HS Internet showing $81 on Hotwire

I need to go to NOLA for a small convention and due to flight limitations, I have to come in a day early and pick up the first night tab myself.

I really don't care (much) about where I stay, but since I will be w/out a car, I want to stay in walking distance to the Ritz where I will be starting 10/17. I don't mind walk far is the neighborhood is save. Staying in the Garden District is an option that I would NOT rule out.

Hotwire is showing a Downtown hotel for $81 that is 2.5* and the pinned list suggest that should be the Holiday Inn Express but when I searched google maps for the exact location, it found 2 locations:

One is the Cotton Exchange at 231 Carondelet Street with some very scary recent reviews.

The other is listed at 221 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 and it says "This place is permanently closed."

Further, the Holiday Inn Express website doesn't show any Holiday Inn Express property on Corondelet or in the Downtown area.

So, I am guessing this is NOT a Holiday Inn Express or the Cotton Exchange Hotel was once branded as an HIExpress but has since lost that.

Does this 2.5* also have a Boutique icon, as i'm seeing a Boutique, Fitness, Business, Internet for the 2.5* appearing in the Downtown zone when i search HOTWIRE for your nite above.

However, i'll ask what it is that you're looking for from this stay... convenience, just a bed to sleep on, things within walking distance, etc, etc?? This 2.5* property at $81 and i'm seeing a 4* hotel in the same zone for just $2 more which would seem like a much better value, as well as other hotels within another $10-$20 which have very good reviews.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotwire is showing a Downtown hotel for $81 that is 2.5* and the pinned list suggest that should be the Holiday Inn Express...
Just because there is only one 2.5* rated hotel reported to the board in this zone, that doesn't suggest the 2.5* hotel you're currently being offered is the same hotel. The amenities last reported to the board to be associated with the Holiday Inn Express don't match the amenities offered for this 2.5* property, which would actually suggest it's a different 2.5* hotel in the zone... one which has not yet been reported to the board. I did try to research this further, but with no additional clues offered by HOTWIRE, and these common amenities, i wasn't able to gain any additional insight.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

EDIT TO ADD: gave this a 3rd look and i think it may be the Clarion Inn and Suites and that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your help. I think I will book a reservation from Easyclick or some similar site that I can cancel if while waiting for a better deal. I can't get the easyclick line to work on the links page. Could you please post the BEST way to book a cancelable reservation so that your site gets credit for the referal?

Marriott New Orleans French Quarter

555 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130

504-581-1000

$84 'Saved 64%'

I tried a host of re-bid options (New Orleans has lots of zones without 4 star hotels) and found that a Saturday ONLY stay was going to cost a tad bit more than some wins for other dates around this time.

Given the fact that Easyclick was showing no deals better than $139 for a 3-star in the areas I wanted and Hotwire wanted $179 for their lowest priced hotel with 4 stars or better, I am happy with this deal.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a very nice discount for this stay, glad to see you're pleased with the outcome given the higher then usual demand.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]