Priceline Hotel: NY City! First trip - Oct 5 to 9 - need help!

Harper77
By Harper77,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking this PRICELINE link... then reply to this thread with your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) and we'll have a look at your trip above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Along with Times Square did you bid Upper West Side or Midtown West? Was this at the 4* level? If so, unfortunately you're not likely very close as this is an expensive time of year in NYC and for a 4* you're probably looking at closer to $300/nite.

What is your expected budget for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you haven't seen it yet, you should give this thread a read: Hotels Near Times Square.

Unfortunately, at the moment your budget is not realistic for these dates... even if you're willing to expand to other midtown zones and lower your star rating, i think your $175 budget will likely fall short, based upon current prices.

What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel thru conventional booking channels?

I'd have to agree that October 5-9 will be a tough time for bargains. For one thing, the 10th is Columbus Day, and many people will time their NYC visit for the three-day weekend. The fall weather is an attraction, and there may be a special event I don't know about, too.

I just won a priceline hotel (3* Sheraton Four Points Chelsea) for mid-December at $89. For my dates, the hotel's website shows a prepaid rate of $109 (which wasn't appearing when I bid) and an unrestricted rate of $199. For your dates, it shows a staggering $411 prepaid and $489 unrestricted. Based on the unrestricted rates, I'd extrapolate that it would take a bid of around $225 to get this same hotel. That's assuming they even make any rooms available to Priceline, which they might well decide not to do if they anticipated a full house.

A quick search shows that 3* Times Square hotels with mixed reviews are quoting around $300 for your dates. The cheapest decent-sounding place I could find was the 3* Ramada Eastside at 30th and Lexington, which is quoting $240. It's not in Times Square, but it's in a nice neighborhood, and nothing is too far in Midtown. I have no experience with it, but it gets good reviews.

If you're locked into these dates, you're going to have some tough choices.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]