Priceline Hotel: 2.5* San Diego (Hillcrest-Balboa Park) Sommerset Suites

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

Hillcrest-Balboa Park is a new Priceline zone in San Diego, in between Downtown and Mission Valley. Priceline offers 2.5* and 2* bidding in Hillcrest-Balboa. For $50 I won the Sommerset Suites in trendy Hillcrest and it was a terrific deal. Regular rate was $109.65. Hillcrest is a pedestrian friendly nieghborhood with dozens of restaurants, shops, clubs, and movie theaters within walking distance, plus an easy bus connection to Downtown and Gaslamp Quarter.

Sommerset Suites

606 Washington Street

San Diego, CA 92103

$45 for 2.5* got a $9 counteroffer. No rebid zones for 2.5* in San Diego, but I added Coronado, which always costs more, and bid $50 for the win.

Being 2.5* the Sommerset's not what you'd call fancy but you do get a lot of amenities for the money. The rooms are spacious with full kitchens, including stove, fridge, pots, pans, and dishes. With so many good restaurants nearby I don't think many people cook here though. Breakfast was included. I overslept breakfast both days, so can't comment.

The rooms have sliding glass doors onto private balconies, some overlooking the pool. I enjoyed the La-Z-Boy style recliner, something you don't often see in hotels. Two bottles of water in the room were FREE, plus free popcorn and granola bars. Internet free. Parking $7/night, which is cheap compared to Downtown.

The Sommerset is near two large hospitals and so you hear a fair number of ambulance sirens. That was my only complaint and not a large one. They're a few blocks away.

Winning bid placed through the BetterBidding PRICELINE link.

Congratulations on your success!

Sounds like a very nice place, especially being pedestrian friendly as i love to walk around and explore new areas when traveling.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Glad to see you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]