Charleston, SC (CHS) - Earliest drop-off time

lpennington
By lpennington,
in

**EDIT** I figured this issue out. Sorry for the thread.

I am planning to reserve a car rental via Hotwire, however we will need to drop the car off around 6am. The Hotwire inputs list the earliest drop-off time as 7am. Does anyone know if all of Hotwire's participating car rentals companies at this airport allow for early-am returns?

I don't know a complication because we have no place to drop the vehicle off before we to an early-am flight. Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

My initial question in this thread was whether I could make an early pickup with the rental car I was planning to get. The drop down menu on Hotwire seemed to begin at 6am, and I needed to get in a little bit earlier as I had a 7am flight. I later learned that the drop down menu could be scrolled up to even earlier times.

Btw, I called Hertz at Charleston Int'l and they are there as early as 5:30 am.

I once had to drop a car off before they opened (which i don't like to do as you don't get a receipt stating that you returned the car in the same condition as you received it) and the rental agency (at least the one we were dealing with) have a way to accept cars before they open. HOWEVER, a big issue is if the rental counter if off-site, their shuttle may not begin until their desk opens, at which point you need to find your own transportation to the terminal.

HOTWIRE's pick-up/drop-off times likely coincide with the rental desk hours, so ideally you would want to enter the 'true' time you intend to pick-up/drop-off, but choosing a time outside of the rental desk hours will likely limit the possible results (although this could also be used as a way to target a specific rental agency)

What are the date(s) of your rental?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]