Priceline Hotel: Victoria, BC help -- July 8-10, 2005

Chris333
By Chris333,
in

Can someone pls offer some help? I'm looking to get a 2 - 3 star hotel in Victoria, BC for July 8th and 9th (checkout on 10th). Rates at most Victoria hotels are a minimum 100$ USD range. I'm looking to spend in the $65 - $75 range. Any suggestions at what to start at? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm not very optimistic about this one at the 3* level. You have no re-bid zones so i would:

Bid $55, if rejected wait 72 hours and...

Bid $65, if rejected wait 72 hours and...

Bid $75.

There is a 2* on Hotwire for $47, which may be the Dominion Grand, but the reviews are awful. If you've never used Hotwire you could get $10 off per nite by using the discount code 'GIFTCARD06', so maybe a roof over your head for $37/nite is worthwhile to you (regardless of the negative reviews)

To venture into 2* bidding we'd first need to know if the Dominion Grand would be an option.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You've picked a really busy weekend! Prices are high and some of the decent lower priced hotels are sold out (e.g. Paul's Motor Inn is completely sold out and I thought it might be a good option for you). There is a rowing regatta in town and a bunch of smaller events and hotel prices are quite high as a result.

What is most important to you? Do you have any leeway on dates?

I would not recommend the Dominion to almost anyone, although I have been through it and seen the different room types and some are not bad at all. But overall, the hotel's presentation needs work - they should fix up some of the rooms and hallway and do it soon!

Thank you to everyone for their help! It's been much appreciated.

I tried a bid on Priceline -- first $65 for a 3*, no luck; then $50 for a 2* and still no luck. Due to this and the comments on this board that Victoria is busy, etc lead me to pursure the hotels directly. My girlfriend found a decent looking hotel called Transcona Hotel. It's right in downtown Victoria and was about 85$ CDN. It gets fairly good reviews on tripadvisor. The rooms are apparently quite small, but it didn't matter to us since we don't plan on being in the room a whole lot anyhow!

Thanks again to everyone. I'm going to start a new thread for the Seattle area.

Do you mean the Strathcona hotel?

It's a quirky place, not deluxe, but it's a great location. It has several different bars within it on different levels, very popular place for people to meet for drinks and appies. I love the rooftop restaurant/bar with its beach volleyball! Big Bad Johns is a bizarre little bar, you have to at least take a look at it!

The rooms are small and basic and I don't know if many of them have much of a view, but if you don't care too much about that, it is good value. Be aware that some rooms may experience noise from the nightclub and/or street traffic, etc.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]