Priceline Hotel: 2-1/2* Sept 16-18

mangopop
By mangopop,
in

I've been trying to get a hotel room for two nights, checking in on a Friday, checking out Sunday in the following areas:

SOMA - Moscone Center, Fisherman's Wharf, Financial District - Embarcadero, Union Square East, Union Square West - Nob Hill

I've bid several times, going down to 2-1/2 stars, and am up to $90/night. If I can't get anything less than $115 or so, I think I will go for AirB&N. Any suggestions, or is this just too low a dollar cap?

Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You're bidding for a very expensive weekend. Hotwire's least expensive option in your five target zones is $229, and that's for a 2* in USW. In all of Downtown Hotwire has only one hotel under $200: a 3* in Civic Center South (which you didn't indicate was an acceptable zone), and that's $193.

PRICELINE usually beats HOTWIRE on price, but probably not by a margin of $229 vs $115. I don't know how much a 2.5* will cost, but you know it will be over $90. If Priceline has a 2.5* my offhand guess is it will be closer to the $125-150 range for these dates.

The airport zones look expensive this weekend too, but under $100 should be achievable there.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Please use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links for your purhcases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]