Priceline Hotel: 4* Providence (Downtown) Westin Providence

NC2BOSTON
By NC2BOSTON,
in

On a whim purchased cheap flight to Boston & now searching for hotel in downtown area (so can avoid car rental & parking if possible)

I have posted several priceline bids for 2.5*, 3* and 4* hotels without success . . .

Quincy Market-Financial-Waterfront / Theater District / Cambridge

lowest bid was $62 and highest was $120 . . . any advice?

I would like to stay below $100 per night and if possible stay in 3* hotel or higher . . .

2 adults - no kids

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

At the moment i think you're likely looking at ~$200 for a 4* Downtown hotel... ~$170 if you include Cambridge. At the 3*/3.5* level probably about $170 for Downtown... maybe ~$125 for a 3* if you include Cambridge.

If these are more than your willing to pay, what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel thru conventional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for the help but I decided to stay in Providence, RI.

I had more success with a lower bid . . .

Four Star Hotel - Providence Westin

Retail $160/night

I paid $80 total . . .

Now need to work on rental car . . .

Just a thought: the Westin has easy access to transportation to Boston. You can walk two blocks and catch the Peter Pan bus, or about the same distance to the train station. Either mode will get you to Boston (South Station or Back Bay) in about an hour. You can do the same to get to the Westin from Logan Airport (assuming that's where your flight lands) -- there is a Peter Pan bus that picks up at Logan, stops at South Station, stops at the Providence bus terminal -- but take it one more stop to Kennedy Plaza. Or else the Silver Line to South Station and then a train to Providence.

Driving is likely to be a hassle (because of Boston traffic) and the parking at the Boston end will be expensive. And rentals at Logan are waaaaay off site, kind of a pain.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]