Priceline Hotel: 3* Pittsburgh (University City) Holiday Inn University Center

Tennisman
By Tennisman,
in

Very busy in Pittsburgh these two days. I struggled to find any successes on Hotwire and Priceline for these dates. Other sites verified that many downtown hotels were sold out.

Started bidding at $75 for **** hotel in downtown. When that failed, upped my bid to 76 and added *** 1/2* and ***. No luck. Added Southside location, and even University City, and Airport with various variations over 3 days. No luck until today (3rd day), with my bids upped over $100. Might have been able to get University City slightly cheaper for *** hotel - that was my last change - adding university City and upping bid to $103.

Finally achieved some success with Holiday Inn University Center, which is a good distance from the downtown seminar I plan to attend (Sheraton Suburban Station Square - which was sold out). Got the hotel for $103/night x 2 nights = $206 + $39.06 in taxes, so $245.06 for 2 nights ($122.53/night). Still well less than the AAA rate of $159/night + taxes.

Hotel seems to be near University of Pittsburgh.

Congrats on your success. :)

Sorry to hear that the hotel's location isn't optimal, but not a bad deal for this property during busy dates.

Can you confirm the zone this hotel is in? (the information should be listed in the trip information in your PRICELINE account.)

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]