Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Milwaukee (Airport MKE) Ramada Plaza Airport

Berni
By Berni,
in

I checked Better Bidding first so I knew I would be able to bid $35 and get the Ramada Plaza airport for my stay in Milwaukee from 9/2-9/5/11.

I have had very good experiences with my Priceline wins, but quite honestly, you couldn't PAY ME to stay at the Ramada Plaza Airport hotel in Milwaukee EVER AGAIN!

I don't care if the rate was $35 per night. The lobby looked gloomy and plain. Front desk was under par. I've had better service from McDonald's.

What was wrong?

I arrived at my hotel room to find out that my room key cards successfully swiped but the door would not open. So I had to walk all the way back to the front desk to inform them. They reprogrammed my cards and we walked together all the way back to my room. The card swiped successfully again and she showed me how I had to push down and then quickly up and push/kick the door in to open it. Then she smiled and left with no apologies for having to deal with that crappy process.

The room was ok. The ceiling had something black/brown on it as if something was swatted and died but never cleaned up. Gross!

The following day, I ventured out and returned to my room later at night very tired. I just wanted to relax. I couldn't get into my room again only this time the swiper was not reading my card. So I walked all the way back up to the front desk to get my cards reprogrammed. I returned to the room successfully to find that housekeeping never cleaned my room. I had all dirty towels and couldn't shower right away as a result. I called front desk. They made me walk all the way back to the front to pick up towels.

It's a long story, I know. But as you can tell, my experience was negative because they were pretty crappy in general but didn't even care to make the stay more comfortable or safe for me.

A couple of months ago, Priceline put me in the Fairfield Inn by Marriott right across the street for only $10 more per night and it was almost perfect. So, honestly, there's NO excuse for this ghetto hotel. DON'T do it, not even for $35! You're better off getting a motel instead for that rate!

Good luck bidders!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]