Priceline Hotel: seattle priceline help

sharbear
By sharbear,
in

I am traveling to Seattle with my family (2 adults/3 kids) in mid-July. Need to secure a hotel reservation. Would like to stay at the Silver Cloud on Lake Union. Have tried bidding priceline at $60, $65, and $70 -- no go. I am new to this, and am not sure if maybe I am bidding too low. Any suggestions?

Seattle is often an expensive place, especially in the summer. If you are bidding in the Lake Union zone, there's no guarantee of getting the Silver Cloud, because there are several other possibilities in that zone. Are you planning to get two rooms - I'd certainly suggest it in Seattle with 5 people. It might be worth looking at direct booking options. For example, you might be able to get a good deal at the Summerfield Suites (and then just get one suite). Springhill Suites (again one suite) is also a good option. With those you can be sure of getting breakfast included.

You might also be too early. Just retry bidding 2.5* Lake Union starting at $45 and upping by $10. If the Courtyard is available it most likely will turn up at 45, the Residence Inn or Silver Cloud likely at about 65-75. I think both the Courtyard and the Residence Inn are actually nicer than the Silver Cloud. I would also suggest two rooms, because you won't be getting more than two Queens per room. Enjoy Seattle in the summer!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]