Priceline Hotel: 4* Monterey Hyatt Regency

Jesse I
By Jesse I,
in

Using the bidding techniques outlined in the other forums, I attempted bidding anywhere from $120-$180 for 4* Union Square East on 9/10/11. The bids all failed-anyone have any ideas of what I would have to pump it up to in order to get a room? Or should I just try to find a different area or move down to 3.5*? Thanks for any advice!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Only three 4* hotels have been reported in USE zone. Two of them--Grand Hyatt and Westin St Francis--are sold out on 9/10. The third, the Taj Campton, is $438, and that hotel has only been reported as a Priceline win once.

So a 4* win in USE doesn't seem likely, no matter how high you bid. If you want to bid higher and try to win the Taj $225 would be about half price.

Hotwire has a 4* in USE for $293, and Priceline usually beats Hotwire on price. But Hotwire and Priceline define USE differently, with Hotwire's USE zone being roughly a combination of Priceline's USE + SOMA zones. I suspect Hotwire's 4* in USE is a hotel that's in SOMA zone on Priceline.

So yes, if you want a 4* I think you need to bid some other zones in addition to USE, and you'll probably need to bid higher than $180 as well. I think your best chance of winning a 4* for $200 or less is in SOMA and Embarcadero zones.

Or if you want to stick to USE you'll probably need to bid for 3.5* or 3*, and even those will probably be $150+.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]