Priceline Hotel: Resort Muskoka Lakes JW Marriott Resort and Spa

EDBSO
By EDBSO,
in

Wanted the Rosseau for a birthday party and bid last week. Started at $60, like I had a fat chance!! I was counter offered at $101 and being an experienced Priceline bidder I rejected and made bid up to $100. All were rejected. So with 2 bids left I resigned myself to bidding $101 the full counter offer and was REJECTED!!! How can that be? I was countered at $101 and it should have been accepted. I had 1 more bid and was also rejected at $102. Again how can that be?. Extremely unlikely someone else bid and took the last 3 rooms. Is this a new Priceline algorithm that will reject normally accepted bids if the bidder creeps up at $1, $2 or $3 increments?

Got $5 Priceline bonus cash and tried again today. Started at the same $60 hoping for the same counter offer and was simply rejected. Went directly to $96 plus $5 bonus cash for $101 and " Your Hotel Deal is in the Bag! Congratulations. We just booked your stay at the The Rosseau, A Jw Marriott Resort & Spa for just US$96 a night. You saved even more with your US$30 Bonus Cash!"

We have been there before but not through Priceline and know we are going to have a wonderful time! Curious as to whether others have had bids rejected at the full counter offer price?

edit end date to 10-30-11

can't see how to do it myself

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Glad to see you're familiar with this property and looking forward to your stay.

Please use the previously requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

That's an awesome deal! I'm hoping to get this place for 1 night next month. What city & zone did you search under? How'd you know that the counter-offer of $101 was for this resort and not another resort (i.e. Deerhurst)? Such an amazing win! Thanks for posting and helping others, like me. I wouldn't even have thought of bidding for a resort like this!

BrazzzBellzzz,

The OP didn't know which hotel in the zone they would receive before they made the purchase.

If you'd like help with your own stay feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That's an awesome deal! I'm hoping to get this place for 1 night next month. What city & zone did you search under? How'd you know that the counter-offer of $101 was for this resort and not another resort (i.e. Deerhurst)? Such an amazing win! Thanks for posting and helping others, like me. I wouldn't even have thought of bidding for a resort like this!

The counter offer could not possibly have been for Deerhurst because I did not ever choose or bid in that zone.

I started searching "Muskoka" and you will have 7 zones to choose from.

Gravenhurst, Ontario ; Bracebridge, Ontario; Muskoka Lakes, Ontario; Ramara, Ontario; Huntsville, Ontario; Oro Medonte, Ontario; and Tay, Ontario.

There are only 2 of the zones that have RESORT availability. Muskoka Lakes where the ONLY winning resort bid ever posted on any travel forum is the JW Marriott Resort and Spa. I was 99.99% certain that I would get the JW Marriott Resort and Spa or nothing. The only other Resort that has ever been reported has been Deerhurst. If you want the JW Marriott Resort and Spa DO NOT bid in the Huntsville zone.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]