Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Bloomsbury - Marble Arch) Holiday Inn London-Regents Park

Nawafe
By Nawafe,
in

Greetings

I need your help/advice/suggestion to get a good deal for a 4 or 5 * hotel in London.

The preferred areas are:

* marble arch

* Mayfair

* Bayswater

Check in : sep 16 , 2011

Check out: sep 26 , 2011

I don't want to pay more than $200 per night, preferably less than that

Many thanks

At the 4* level you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Marble Arch...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Mayfair...

Select 4* Bayswater...

Select 4* Marble Arch and Mayfair...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Marble Arch and Bayswater...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Marble Arch and Mayfair and Bayswater...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours, once again start with the PRICELINE link on the board, and re-try:

Select 4* Marble Arch...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Mayfair...

Select 4* Bayswater...

Select 4* Marble Arch and Mayfair...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Marble Arch and Bayswater...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Marble Arch and Mayfair and Bayswater...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...when I start with Marble Arch at 110 and I get rejected, my rebid zone should be one of my other two options (Mayfair or Bayswater), right?

No.

You need to find the two zones in London that do not have 4* or higher bidding available. Those are the rebid zones. Just to be sure, post back what you believe they are, and someone will confirm.

Romelle

Wembly and Hammersmith?

Now you've got it!

Sorry for the hold-out on the information. It is really important that people know how to find the free rebid zones themselves. Things change, and a list somebody else gives you might not be valid when you actually bid. Best to check just before you bid to make sure.

Romelle

To always be SURE the "free rebid" zone is STILL a zone with no hotels at the * rating you really want, I like to make a new bid and click my free rebid zone FIRST to RECONFIRM and not rely on previous info.. and THEN add my desired zone. A higher starred hotel CAN be added to Priceline at any time of day or night so be careful As mentioned, these zones may change in their star levels.

I have landed the Holiday Inn London - Regents Park successfully for $145 a night. Even though it shows at in the Marble Arch zone, I see it more in the Regent Park zone (hence: the name). I only took it for five nights (9/16 to 9/21) and not for ten nights because I might leave London earlier than expected. However, priceline is giving me the option to extend for the same price, which is great.

The total comes to: $725 + 160 in taxes and fees= $885 ($177 a night).

I am very happy for this deal as I found it on booking.com for $346 for the same duration. The hotel is close to the main attractions and near to two tube stations.

I just want to thank you all for your great help :)

Congratulations!

One note about extending the stay. You will not know if it is at the same price until you actually press to buy those nights again. Sometimes the hotel accepts it, ( it is like a new one time bid but only at your hotel) and sometimes they come back with a higher price which at that point you can deny and not accept. Good luck, but try not to leave trying that extension too near the end as that will not give you much time for Plan "B" in case the hotel offers you a price too high for your liking.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful, and that you have a little flexibility with the extend your stay option. Do take note of the comments above that just because the extend your option is given, it doesn't ensure you will be able to do so. As well, you only get one chance to extend the stay, so if you go this route, make sure you're firm on how many additional nites you need.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Whether to try to extend the stay depends upon how you feel about this hotel, area, and changing hotels mid-stay.

Keep in mind that even though offered, you may not be able to extend the stay... PRICELINE can come back and inform you:

1) you now have a reservation for the additional nites at the same price

2) rooms are available but only at $xx, at which point you'll be able to accept or reject their offer

3) no rooms available at any price

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

If you see that another area is better for you, why not try it? once you try to extend the stay, it is a done deal if they accept it. If you like the place and price, then try it, but now would be the time to try for 5 nights elsewhere closer in to the river if those areas interest you at all. Look at the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins here to get an idea what has been coming up. take a look at HOTWIRE, too, through the link here.

Since we are all having great fun meddling in your plans, my vote would be to bid again for the new 5 days.

Staying in a different hotel, maybe even in a different area of London, gives another view of this amazing city. Sights, smells, sounds, colors, people, .... everything.

You'll pay another base Priceline fee for extending your bid, so that cost is the same as a new bid.

You might actually score a place at a lower price than the bid you already won.

If your bidding for the new 5 days isn't successful by the time you reach the level of the first bid, then you can check out the extension.

IMO, Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]