Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Downtown) Sheraton Wall Centre

rruiz2269
By rruiz2269,
in

Trying to complete my trip to Vancouver/Seattle, I needed a hotel for 6/19 and 6/20 in Vancouver. After unsuccessfully bidding those days together, I decided to split the dates and use the PL add an extra night feature.

I was unsuccessful on 6/18; started at $85 and bid in increments of $1 until reaching my final bid at $93. Then tried 6/19 and started at $95 and bid in increments of $1 until I was awarded the Sheraton Wall Center at $100.

Thought I might be able to add the extra night of 6/18 at the Sheraton, but was rejected. Now thinking of finding a hotel in Whistler since this is our first trip to BC.

Any Whistler suggestions for 6/18 would be appreciated.

Trying to complete my trip to Vancouver/Seattle, I needed a hotel for 6/19 and 6/20 in Vancouver.....

I was unsuccessful on 6/18; started at $85 and bid in increments of $1 until reaching my final bid at $93. Then tried 6/19 and started at $95 and bid in increments of $1 until I was awarded the Sheraton Wall Center at $100.

Omigosh, rruiz2269, what is it with you and dates??!!! :)

Are you sure your wife knows what days to book off work? :)

Anyway, I am not surprised to see you had problems with June 18. Even in the last few days, several of the larger downtown hotels have started showing sold out for the 18th, even though they showed availability last week.

Oddly, Hotwire seems to have some availability for downtown Vancouver for the 18th, if you did want to try and get another night. If you want some help IDing these, let us know.

Otherwise, I do think Whistler is well worth a visit!

Yeah Scorp, I do seem to have a problem writing the right dates on these posts! :) Well, at least the errors are only in the postings and not in the bookings.

Not getting a Saturday night (6/18) booking in Vancouver has peaked our interest in staying in Whistler. Though it's going to be a bit of a long drive, we'll be in Seattle on Saturday morning, I've heard it's very scenic.

Not getting a Saturday night (6/18) booking in Vancouver has peaked our interest in staying in Whistler. Though it's going to be a bit of a long drive, we'll be in Seattle on Saturday morning, I've heard it's very scenic.

It's beautiful! And the area north of Whistler and Pemberton is also stunning, but the road can be a bit rough and winding.

Keep in mind that there are some road improvements underway along the highway between West Vancouver and Whistler. (It's called the Sea to Sky Highway - it has a number - 99, but for some reason we Canadians seem to want to ignore numbers and give names instead.)

I don't think you would have any problems, but there is a Web site to check for up-to-date information. I don't think you would have more than a few minutes delay here and there.

Some sections of the road will be under construction - try to give yourself a bit of extra time and take opportunities to stop at scenic views.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]