Priceline Hotel: Resort Marco Island Marriott

pokeywokey
By pokeywokey,
in

I need a one night stay, possibly a 2night stay, on Marco Island for 7/27/03, and possibly 7/28/03 as well. Expedia lists a 4* Hilton for $99. Hotwire has a 3* for $111. At these prices I would go for a 4* on Priceline. I haven't seen any posts for Marco Island, FL on this site. I would appreciate any bidding help. Thanks!

Mel

Sorry for the delay in replying (i was away for a long weekend).

When bidding 4* in this area, i currently see 6 re-bids, so i would proceed as follows:

4* Marco Island....

$40, if rejected add re-bid zone and

$45, if rejected add re-bid zone and

$50, if rejected add re-bid zone and

$55, if rejected add re-bid zone and

$60, if rejected add re-bid zone and

$65, if rejected add re-bid zone and

$70

It would be appreciated if you started your purchase at SavingsBarn.com

If you don't go with Priceline/Hotwire, please use the links above to get to Expedia.

Lastly, don't know if it showed on Expedia, but Oribitz shows the Hilton at $99, but also shows a Jr. Suite at $109 which includes free breakfast, which may be worth the extra $10 if there are 2 of you in the room that will eat breakfast.

Let us know how you make out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ThereUAre! And you provided the detailed info w/o an attitude! That is so refreshing! The admin at TOBB could take a lesson in kindness from you. Not once in the whole time I have been a member of this BB have I seen a single sign of an attitude from you. You make it a real pleasure to view and use this BB!

Thanks! :)

Thereuare, I would like to stay on Marco Island. You said to add a rebid zone which I assume means to add an area to my bid like Sanibel Island or Fort Myers. Can you offer any strategy to keep rebidding for the Marco Island area only? I bid $40 for a resort and it was rejected. I added a 4* hotel and bid $45 and it was rejected too.

2 night total: $160.00

Taxes and fees: $23.39

Bidding Strategy:

-Marco Island zone, resorts only, $40 - rejected

-Marco Island zone, added 4* hotel, $45 - rejected

Had my friend bid on his account with same info but increased bid....

-Marco Island zone, resorts only, $50 - rejected

-Marco Island zone, added 4* hotel, $55 - rejected

Did a little cheat move and was able to bid again without waiting 72 hours...

-Marco Island zone, resorts only, $60 - rejected

-Marco Island zone, added 4* hotel, $65 - rejected

Did cheat move again....

-Marco Island zone, resorts only, $80 accepted!!!!

My boyfriend got impatient and just increased bid to $80, skipping $70 & $75.

A friend stayed at this resort last weekend for $180 a night!!! I will write a review when I return.

Much thanks to Thereuare for giving advice on bidding strategy!

I have a home on Marco Island and you are really lucky you got the Marriott. It is a beautiful resort and the best on the island. It is patterned after the one in Hawaii. Hawii is the original theme of the island when developed. There is construction going on at the resort as part was torn down and is being built into condos. They start around 2 million each. Have a great time in Paradise. If you are looking for some great restaurants here are two of our personal favorites. Old Marco Pub and Steakhouse which is Italian and is heavenly. For seafood try Cafe de Marco. Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]