No receipt from the hotel?

jessiezeng
By jessiezeng,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please give us the courtesy of sharing your winning bid with the board before asking for help. From elsewhere on the board:

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As you weren't billed anything by the hotel, there is no receipt. Sometimes you can get a receipt confirming that you checked-out, but it will not show the price you paid because that money is paid to priceline and may be different than the amount the hotel received from priceline.

If you need a receipt i would use your bid confirmtion screen which shows the actual amount you paid for the stay (inclusive of taxes and fees).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The price you pay the intermediary (in your case Priceline) is always higher than what the hotel collects from the intermediary. I am not as familiar with Priceline, but the other popular sites (ie: Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity) will markup their contracted/negotiated hotel pricing anywhere from about 22 to as high as 35%. Technically, Priceline is acting as your agent (this is why hotels refer customers back to the intermediary so frequently, because it is the intermediary's responsibility to make certain the customer [you] understands the specifics of the "deal," including who is responsible for what). :)

It's still a good idea to ask the hotel for a receipt, since the desk does make a copy of your credit card, to confirm the incidentals (if any) were correct. I have also had a weird situation where my card was charged, instead of Hotwire, for my stay (at a lower price than HW, as CaseyJPS noted).

It's always a good idea to print the Hotwire receipt when you get the email or screen confirmation for 1) employer/client reimbursement record, 2) hotel address and phone number in case of getting lost or late arrival (when desk closes at night at Candlewood or Homestead), and 3) proof of your purchase to the hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]