Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Somerset-Brunswick (Somerset-Piscataway-So Plainfield) Doubletree

biddingforhotel
By biddingforhotel,
in

Due to Hurricane Irene, we decided to extend for another day, but it asked $78 to extend, but the hotel rate is only $85.

When I went back to bid again, priceline gives a fool price of $145.

and eventually I lowered from 3.5* to 3* to 2.5* to 2* and did NOT get anything for same $37. Finally, I decided to give it a try at 1* I never stayed, and priceline says the retail price is $44, so I still bid $37, but, still did NOT get one.

So, I called hotel front desk and asked how much if I extend the stay; I was told $85.

In the mean time, I am trying to bid 4* hotel at New Brunswick and PL gave a fool price of $219, where as the Heldrich Hotel, the only 4* hotel in this area website shows only $119 ... :) and failed, so lower to 3.5* got fool price of $170, where as the both 3.5* hotels Hyatt and Hilton in the area is also much lower. Bid $40 to get nothing. Before able to get Hyatt for $40 and Hilton at $37.

I am glad that since I was not able to get anything after lots of try, so I just had to go home. After Irene, the area all flood very heavily, especially from the canal and Raritan River to Bound Brook which the whole town blocked now ... If I chose to stay at the jack up of $41 by priceline, I could have face another jack up tonight when I was not able to go home ... If I got Hyatt or Hilton, then I am also in trouble because the Hwy 18 is flooded of water, and flood all the way to Hyatt New Brunswick door steps ...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]