Priceline Hotel: 3* Columbia Hilton $48 8/15-8/17

Analise
By Analise,
in

I was bidding and bidding and bidding for a 2.5* or higher at BWI but got rejected up to $62. I used every rebid in the book (adding Balto regions which I knew didn't have any hotels above 2*) but kept getting rejected. So I went to Hotwire. They had a 3 star for $65 at BWI. Called my boyfriend prior who suggested that I try a neighboring town---he said my luck with Priceline should not warrant my bidding anything in the $60s. Yes he's enjoyed the fruits of my labor.

So I researched Columbia, MD (Hotwire offered a 3* at $65) and made a bid for $48 for a 3* on my second try. I got accepted. This probably tells me that I bid too high but you know what, I'm happy with the savings. Besides it's too late for me to take it back.

The tax and Priceline fee was $16.99. The hotel tax rate is 10%. So assuming that Priceline's fee is still $5.95, the actual price of the hotel for two days including tax was $110.40. So I overbid by only $1.60. I guess this is a good thing?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]