Priceline Hotel: 2* NYC Airports (Airprot JFK) Best Western

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hi,

A friend of mine is having an 5hr (11pm - 6am) lay over at JFK on tuesday, June 14, to catch a plane the following morning. She needs a place to rest.

For a 5hr stay, quality is not so much an issue, though safety is. What bidding strategies would you suggest - i don't know the JFK area well, so i don't know how far to stay. Her flight to the west coast is around 7.30am, meaning we have to be at the airport latest at 6am. We are prepared to pay about 60 per night.

thanks in advance for your help - N

The area surrounding JFK is not a great hotel market (expensive, no huge savings to be had, and not much doing in the area). At the 3* level you have two re-bid zones available, none at the 2.5* level.

I would bid as follows:

Select 3* JFK...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2.5* JFK...

Bid $60.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

followed the suggestions with no luck.

If the immediate surrounding area - JFK is getting difficult, what other area is within 30 mins driving distance from JFK - note, we will have to start our journey around 5am to get to JFK for a 7.30 am flight?

i appreciate your thoughts - Noela

Well,

I got it at a 2* Level.

Since bidding at 2.5* and 3* levels were not successful at even up to $80, I dropped star level, and bidded straight $60 for JFK, and got it. With taxes and fees, it came to $78 (advertised rates for that hotel start at around $90, with taxes/fees, it could run about $120).

At least, I am happy we will be closer to the airport. Please amend title to:

2* NYC Airports (Airport JFK) Best Western, $60 -- 6/14

cheers - Noela

make sure the shuttle is running at that early hour, I have stayed at the JFK Best Western and I think they share the shuttle bus with a few other properties nearby. You will be fine, perfectly acceptable for a one night pre flight stay

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]