Priceline Hotel: Two adults, two children with priceline?

Goofyguy2
By Goofyguy2,
in

My sister and family (two adults, two kids) are considering using priceline for their upcoming trip. They want to book an airport hotel for one night. Do you think they'd be able to get a room with 2 beds? I just don't want them to book a room and have only one bed in the room. They're hoping for the same motel as us (La Quinta Airport west) but would be fine if another motel came up. Once their bid is accepted, I guess they'd call the motel directly and request a room with 2 beds? Thanks for any info.

Orlando is probably one of the 'safest' areas to try for more than double occupancy since most of the hotels are 'family friendly' and have more than one bed in the room... but it's still going against the stated terms of priceline so it's a risk you'll have to decide of you want to take.

Since you're trying to target a specific hotel why not also see what Hotwire has to offer... they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy (guaranteeing sleeping accomodations for everyone in your party) and maybe you can find the exact hotel you're looking for.

Here is a thread, with other links within it, that discuss this very topic: PRICELINE TWO BEDS.

If your sister would like to move forward with any of the above please post the date(s) of her stay and we'll try to help/suggest how to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Technically Priceline just guarantees a room that accommodates 2 adults so the hotel is under no obligation to provide two beds.

Having said that, most hotels are willing and able to provide two double beds, especially in airport zones. Areas like NYC and San Francisco will almost certainly not be able to provide two double beds for PLers without a surcharge.

Your plan to contact the hotel directly with your request should work great.

Thanks for the info everyone. I'll be sure to pass it along to my sister. We're going on a big family trip this August and my father and I already have rooms at the La Quinta Airport west (near Orlando airport) that we both won on priceline so my sister wants to join us there before we head to Disney. Thanks again

Hi again. I wonder if you can help us with our current dilemma! My sister only has a visa card and priceline does not accept Canadian visas. Therefore, she cannot book a room for herself through priceline. Both my dad and I have booked our rooms through priceline successfully. Had we known about my sister's situation, one of us would have requested 2 rooms instead of 1. My dad tried to bid for an additional room tonight for my sister, but priceline will not let him do so since according to their records, he already has a bid for the same day. My question is..........is there any way that one of us can add an additional room to our reservations? TIA

Your dad can place the bid... Priceline is only 'warning' that you already have a reservation for that nite in their system (just making sure you're not making a mistake).

If/when successful please follow-up this post and i'll then adjust the topic titles to reflect the results.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks! I'm sorry to say that my sister doesn't want to bid anymore for fear of getting a different motel. I've given her all this information as well as hotwire info. If I can convince her to change her mind, I've told them all about this site. Thanks a lot for all your help! We'll all be back!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]