Priceline Hotel: 2.5* LA-San Fernando Valley (Van Nuys-Mission Hills) Best Western

valencia
By valencia,
in

There's a lot to be said about getting all your reservations ahead of time. I am finding last minute bidding and unappealing Hotwire offers much more challenging than weeks earlier.

Yesterday made Van Nuys/Sherman Oaks 3*bid up to $55 yesterday with counteroffer of $71, adding N. Hollywood as free rebid, then adding Burbank as an option, then dropping to 2.5*, getting same counteroffer of $71 when I reached a $55 bid.

I started again today at $60 for 3* in Van Nuys. Counteroffered at $74.

Added N. Hollywood at $65. Got same $74 counteroffer.

Then I bid 2.5* Van Nuys at $60 and got a $71 counteroffer.

I ignored it and did a totally new bid for N. Hollywood alone at 2.5* at $60 which was rejected.

Added my preferred zone of Van nuys to N. Hollywood, bid $65 and was upgraded to a 3*.

Best Western Carriage Inn

Wonder why the hotel didn't accept it before. same zones. Same bid.

happy to be done with this!

Best rate on internet at hotel website was total $325 with tax. We paid $230.

I used your PRICELINE link, of course.

Congratulations on your success!

Not sure why the previous bid wasn't accepted, but we do see similar behavior every now and then... but glad to see you ultimately got this settled and received a decent deal for this last minute win.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE link on the board to begin your bidding and for sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I had a very nice stay and even extended one night through your link and my reservation as we were not abel to do everything we wanted in that time frame. I was VERY happy they accepted the extend a night at same price. They seemed to sell out every night . Family members were abel to get a $99 rate for a king room and $104 for two bedded room ( which are not in same area of hotel)

I will write a quick report when I get unpacked.

Had a great vacation overall in California this summer, much so thanks to your website!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]