Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Bellevue) Hyatt

ahoy
By ahoy,
in

4*Hyatt Regency Bellevue $92 for Aug 22nd 1 night. First time poster.

bid 3.5 started at $62 and randomly went up to what was going to be my last bid which got accepted.

Bid Bellevue, Bothel, Lake Union, Lynnwood, Mulkiteo, N. Everett, Renton,and then Seattle Airport. I was surprised to get the 4* since I chose 3.5 but am pleased. I did use the PRICELINE link provided on the forum page as I have been lurking for awhile. I do have a question to pose... My room turns out to be one king and I know that the reservation is only for 2 people, I called and requested 2 doubles as I have 2 kids, do I have to sneak them in or what? Can I just tell them I have 2 kids? Will it cost me more? Thx.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success!

You can call the hotel to see if they're willing to change your reservation to a room with two beds; every hotel has a different policy, but most will tell you that they'll note the request in the system but the ability to honor your request will be determined based upon what is available at check-in. If you go to the Hyatt website do a search for a room as 2adults, then search again for 2adults/2children, if the price is the same then this hotel likely does not charge for children (although the ability to ensure a room with two beds will still be subject to availability), if there is a price difference then this is the amount i would be willing to pay (or offer to pay now if you want to ensure a room with two beds and the peace of mind is worth it to you) for an 'upgrade' to a room with two beds.

Not sure how much time you'll have with just one nite, but up the hill from the Hyatt (walking towards Rte 405) Bellevue has a nice public library (including free wi-fi), and if you walk toward Bellevue Square, just beyond is a fairly large park (with a small playground in the far right corner depending upon the age of your kids).

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure how much time you'll have with just one nite, but up the hill from the Hyatt (walking towards Rte 405) Bellevue has a nice public library (including free wi-fi), and if you walk toward Bellevue Square, just beyond is a fairly large park (with a small playground in the far right corner depending upon the age of your kids).

There's free wi-fi in the Hyatt lobby courtesy of Tully's Coffee, which has a small shop in the lobby. Unless you really require privacy when using the net (and there are good reasons some people do), don't pay for wi-fi at that property. Any time of the day or night you can go sit in the (comfy, well-lit, outlet-equipped, near-to-coffee-and-sweets-or-frontdesk-apples) lobby and use free wi-fi. As free wi-fi goes, Tully's is reliable and fairly speedy.

There's also Bellevue Outdoor Connect, the (also free) municipal wi-fi for the outdoors of downtown Bellevue. Your mileage may (and almost certainly will) vary on this depending on exactly where downtown you are and how good your wireless hardware is. I find it next to useless. Other people have more success with it.

Another "thing to know" about staying in downtown Bellevue during the Spring, Summer and early Fall that you might not expect is that there's a nice city-style parking lot Farmer's Market Thursday afternoon/evenings (head about 4-5 blocks north on Bellevue Way) and Saturday morning/afternoon's (just up the hill toward 405, about 2 blocks). It's particularly convenient to the Hyatt and Marriott Courtyard.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]