Hotwire Hotel: Need hotel suggestions for the US OPEN

juslucky
By juslucky,
in

We are attending the US OPEN Tennis Tournament in Flushing, NY Aug. 29 - Sept. 1. I've booked a 3* hotel that is very pricey. I'd love to go through Priceline and save some money if possible. Do you know if the nearby hotels are usually booked solid for the OPEN, or is there a chance to do some bidding? Suggestions please. We want a 3* and our price limit is about $150.

Thanks so much!

You could stay in Manhattan for about your $150 maximum bid, if not then almost certainly under your your Lexington Marco in Flushing rate. Is staying in Manhattan a desirable option or are you looking to stay in Queens?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We'd like to avoid Manhattan.
I wish you wouldn't... you don't appear to be from the area and you should use this opportunity to see and explore the city, for the times when you're not at the Open.
I'm not familiar with NY. Is Queens close to Flushing?
Flusihing is a section of Queens. The hotel you have reserved is in PRICELINE's 'Flushing-Whitestone' zone whereas Arthur Ash Stadium is in the southeastern most point of the Airport LGA zone. I'm familiar with this area in the general sense, but not the specifics, and i'll add that there may be some areas of the Flushing-Whitestone zone you wouldn't want to stay in.

Which zone(s) are you willing to accept? What is your maximum bid?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We have been to Manhattan several times so this trip we are seeing NH & ME and ending up at the OPEN.We for sure want a safe area--so maybe not Flushing. The Airport LGA zone might be the best for us. We want to bid on a 3* for up to $130. Is that realistic? What do you suggest?

Given the US Open taking place in this area, i think Manhattan may actually be cheaper then the LGA zone, but if you want to give the Airport zone a try, i'd start with the follow:

At the 3* level you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3* LGA...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* LGA and re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* LGA and re-bid zone3...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* LGA and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110

Any questions feel free to ask. If rejected post back and we'll revise to your $150 limit.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I wasn't so lucky this time. I bid up to $140 but it was not accepted. I'm sure it's because of the high occupancy around the US OPEN. Thank you for all of your help. It was worth a try. I now don't feel so bad about paying $188/nt at the Marco--lucky I reserved this weeks ago. I did go through your site each time I bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]