Priceline Hotel: Bidding question

cntrfieldsmom
By cntrfieldsmom,
in

Hello,

I found this site yesterday and feel I can ask a question without getting a "lashing" :) I bid yesterday on Minneapolis DT and Metrodome 3* up to $37 with no luck. I based my bid on the fact that I've seen the Four Points come up several times at or below $35. I understand free re-bidding. My question....My parents are travelling with us, (we're bidding for 2 rooms) is it acceptable to use their info and credit card to avoid the 72 hour wait? Or will it still be my ISP?

I think by Priceline's rules you'd need to wait 72 hours since you aren't changing zones, dates or quality levels but as far as going ahead and placing a new bid, using a different browser should work with no problem.

In addition to a different card, you'll want to use a different email address.

You're basing your bidding on the lowest acceptor in the zone, which based upon your failed bids, hasn't appeared to release inventory to the opaque suppliers.

I think raising your bids to $50 and $55 will increase the likelihood of success as it brings a few more hotels into the potential mix... or you can choose to wait and see if the above hotel releases any low priced inventory as your date draws closer.

I wouldn't bid hgher than $55 at this point for as you point out, many hotels are available for as low as $89/nite... but even a successful bid at $55 would yield you decent savings on a percentage basis.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]