Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt on the Hudson

aesmith72
By aesmith72,
in

Well,

I wish I would have found this forum before I bid 178$ night and got NJ Hyatt. after seeing all the crazy prices listed on Travelocity, Expedia etc of 300$ night I thought 178$ would be rejected. So I am bummed I paid so much to see others getting the Westin and W for low 100$'s. I LOOOOVE the Westins and W hotels. They are new, hip and Trendy. I never stay at Hyatts, I think of them as being old school and prob dated... And I certainly didnt know about this rezone bidding, etc. I have always been able to figure out the "top Secret" hotel and hot wire stuff by cross referencing areas, ratings and amenities. I thought I was crafty.. lol

Oh well, my company pays for it. They wanted me to stay at the Sheraton Lincoln tunnel that was the same as my Priceline bid. Thats why I picked the price. I think Sheratons can be gross though.......

Can someone make me feel better, besides seeing that the Hyatt NJC is going for >300$ on regular sites...

ho hum..

Amy

I know this area well...

This is actually a nice very nice Hyatt, about 6-7 years old. While the Westin and W nearby are newer, this Hyatt is well maintained and PATH train to Downtown Manhattan literally at the door. It is also MUCH nicer then the Sheraton Lincoln Tunnel in Weehawken.

As you arrive on a Sunday the area may appear very quiet and dead, and many of the nearby stores closed, but the following morning you will see the streets filled with people (it does get quiet after business hours). The Light Rail nearby (or the PATH train) can also take you into nearby Hoboken which has a lot of bars, restaurants and nightlife (although taking the PATH would require a transfer, whereas the LightRail would be direct). As well, if the weather is nice there is a fairly new Beer Garden which opened up which is just a few stops away via light rail (the opposite direction from Hoboken)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]