Hotwire Hotel: bidding help for downtown Chicago

kadwell
By kadwell,
in

I'm wanting to bid on a hotel in downtown Chicago for a girl's weekend next weekend (Aug 19-21). Would Priceline or Hotwire be a better option? Is one or the other better for likely hotel selection? I've checked the list already. Price is not critical - looking to spend $80-$140 on 4* or above. Parking isn't needed.

Thanks!

:)

HOTWIRE gives you the ability to take a guess as to what hotel you may receive before your purchase as well as the amenities offered by the hotel, but usually costs a little more then PRICELINE.

So if having a guess at the hotel (and thus the location within the zone), or the amenities offered (if you want to ensure the hotel has a pool, offers a complimentary breakfast, etc) the HOTWIRE can be a better option... if price is the most important factor and you're able to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundary of the zone, then PRICELINE can be a better option.

One other difference, as noted above, is that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, whereas HOTWIRE enables you to search for up to quad occupancy.

For a further discussion on this topic see this thread: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire.

Please read your messages, then click these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, and let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]