Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Seattle (Bellevue) Hilton Bellevue

wtam
By wtam,
in

New user of PRICELINE and had been lurking this forum for about 1 month now.

Used the forum links for PRICELINE.

was able to score Hilton Bellevue for $62/night 9/1/11-9/3/11.

I had a very flexible schedule so had been trying for some time for many different 2 night itineraries throughout Aug and 1st wk of Sept with the multiple re-bids adding zones etc.. with no success up to $80/night as of yesterday.

Tried again today starting at $62 and got it on the first offer. Normally i'd start in the $50's/night, but with 2wks of no bidding success (probably well over 200 offers w/ rebids etc), i was starting to think i would never get a hotel.

Room Subtotal: $124.00

Taxes & Fees: $26.44

Total Charged to Card: $150.44

Thanks Betterbidding.

Just for information sake. I started bidding Aug 1st for the following 2 day ranges:

Aug 9-11, Aug 10-12, Aug 11-13, Aug 12-14, Aug 24-26, Aug 25-27, Aug 26-28

Every day, i'd start with 3.5* Bellevue at $54 and $2 increments with the free rebid zones

Bothell

Kirkland

Lake Union

Lynnwood

Mulkiteo

N Everett

Renton

SEA Airport

ending at $70 with no takers.

On Aug 9, i upped it to $4 increments and ended with an $86/night offer and still no takers.

Also on Aug 9 added Aug 31-Sep 2, Sept 1-3, Sep 2-4 date ranges

For some reason or other when i started my bidding this morning, i tried the sep 1-3 range first and went with a $62 as a first offer (as i planned to go back to $2 increments again) and i got it...

I have a feeling a big part of winning bids must be the luck of the draw based on timing of hotel room releases etc. It makes no sense that yesterday, they reject my offer of $86/night for the same thing and today take $62... that's an extra $24/night i save so good for me, and too bad for pl...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]