Priceline Hotel: San Francisco 9/1-9/4

nanc247
By nanc247,
in

We are arriving in San Fran Thursday 9/1 out Sun 9/4. Looking for a 4* hotel with views of bay and bridge and a nice pool! Never been to San Fran before-are there neighborhoods I could bid on priceline that have hotels with those amenities. We are family of 4 prefer 2 beds but a king bed with roll away would work-not sure if i should use priceline for this or just book on a travel website like Expedia? any thoughts.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

With PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, there's no way to ensure a view (especially if it is an upgrade), although with HOTWIRE you can look for a hotel with a pool icon to ensure a pool. If you do require bedding for a party of four, I would definitely suggest using HOTWIRE, as searching for two adults and two children ensure bedding for the party - that is commonly 2 beds, but may be 1 bed + rollaway or other combination.

Which areas would be of interest and what would be your desired budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

With PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, there's no way to ensure a view (especially if it is an upgrade), although with HOTWIRE you can look for a hotel with a pool icon to ensure a pool. If you do require bedding for a party of four, I would definitely suggest using HOTWIRE, as searching for two adults and two children ensure bedding for the party - that is commonly 2 beds, but may be 1 bed + rollaway or other combination.

Which areas would be of interest and what would be your desired budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Budget is $150, not too familiar with the areas, the higher end hotels appear to be in USW or USE or financial district. Definitely need bedding for 4. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

The 1st has higher prices, the other dates are better. If you need room for 4, it's a bad idea to do PL in SF. Many hotel rooms have one bed and are on the small side. Better and safer to use Hotwire or LastMinuteTravel, plus you can ID properties with help from this site.

Check out the LMT thread in Run of House or check Hotwire hotel lists.

The 1st has higher prices, the other dates are better. If you need room for 4, it's a bad idea to do PL in SF. Many hotel rooms have one bed and are on the small side. Better and safer to use Hotwire or LastMinuteTravel, plus you can ID properties with help from this site.

Check out the LMT thread in Run of House or check Hotwire hotel lists.

thank you. Is the Hotwire Hotel List on this site or is it on Hotwire's? Never used Last Minute Travel are there deals?

Nanc - The 1st is a real problem - hotels are not readily available and the rates in the city for that date are sky high. If you want to stay on budget in nice hotels and have a good time, here's what I would do.

The first night, I would stay near the airport. LMT has Homewood Suites available as a 3* for $105 a night. The BW Grosvenor is also available for $106 a night. They both have pools, serve breakfast and are highly regarded. If you don't have a car, you can shuttle back to SFO and BART downtown. (I've done this many times.) You could also cab it or just chill at the hotel.

From 9/2 - 9/4, there is a USE 4* available on HW for $151. I believe it is the W hotel or the Palace. It has a pool, probably has views and is recommended by 90% of travelers, 4/5 on TA, etc. While it's on the high end of your budget, you will have saved $$$ on the night before.

If your budget is not important, just book conventionally and get exactly what you want.

Please let us know what you decide.

BTW - LMT also has HI Golden Gateway for $133 with pool and views. It's on the edge of USW area, over on Van Ness. On the first, it's on request, available from 9/2 - 9/4. You might be able to get it on the first; not sure.

I ended up splitting the trip on 9/1 I used Last Minute Travel and booked Argnonaut for $268 (9/1 all the rates are very high). I booked Hyatt directly for the remainder of the weekend paid $315 for Regency Club with view-I can cancel up until 6 PM the day of arrival if there is a better option, but I have I am limited to Hotwire and LMT b/c I need a room for 4 and there hasn't been anything better.

Nanc- You can do better in terms of cost. HW still has a 4* USE for 9/2 - 9/4 that is $171 - probably the same one I referenced before. Unless you're really into the Regency Club perks, you can get a similar experience for about half the cost. (The Regency Club perks are nice, but probably not worth $150 a night IMHO.)

Looking for a 4* hotel with views of bay and bridge

If the view is a "must have" you're probably best off sticking with your Regency Club reservation. It's possible you can get the Hyatt for less on LMT (I haven't looked) but with a discounted reservation like LMT you're not likely to get a room with premium view...especially on busy dates like these.

• 3 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]