Priceline Hotel: 3* San Diego (Del Mar-Rancho Santa Fe) Doubletree

Kozachka
By Kozachka,
in

Using PRICELINE link on this site I bid $40 for a 3* hotel in Northern Coast, then added San Ysidro - Mexico Border zone, which only has 2.5* hotels and below, and rebid $50. Got rejected again. Waited 24 hours, unfortunately, too long to take advantage of $6 off promotion, and bid $55 and $60 for the same zones, and got rejected again. Will try again tomorrow.

The recent bonus money promotion needed to be signed-up for yesterday, but the bonus money should still be valid until the end of the year, so be sure to check your profile to see if the bonus money is still there.

Keep us updated on your next round of biding or let us know if/how we can be of further help.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your bidding.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What are your dates?

I need a room for one night on August 19-20, 2011 at some place North of Del Mar, CA. Not too far of a drive. And preferably without huge resort or parking fees such as charged by Sheraton in Carlsbad. In their case they charge a resort fee and for adding a rollaway bed for the child, which is the only time I've seen it happen so far.

Tried again several times using the PRICELINE link on this site aiming to get a 3* or better hotel in Del Mar or North County Coastal going up to $65 and was rejected every single time. I paid $70 per night plus taxes and fees (plus $17 parking) for the previous 5 nights at 3.5* Hilton Del Mar, so have a hard time paying much more than that. We'd be heading back North on Saturday, so might bid for a hotel in Dana Point - San Clemente next.

We are leaving for San Diego tomorrow morning, and am going to stay in hotel that does not offer free Internet, so wanted to finalize reservations for our last night in Del Mar/North Coastal. So I bid $70 for Del Mar zone again by bidding on 2.5* hotel, knowing that none have been identified so far, and received counter offer of $79. After checking Hotwire and identifying 3* hotel that was offered for $114 as Doubletree Del Mar, which I love, and checking Hotels.com to see what price Morgan Club, which I would have preferred to avoid, and finding out that it is fully booked (yeah!), I was pretty sure that I got a bite from Doubletree. So I re-bid $75 for Del Mar zone by choosing 2* hotel, and my offer was accepted by Doubletree. I am very happy with the outcome. The only thing that could have made me happier is if I could stay there for entire 6 days of our trip, and avoid paying $17 parking at Hilton and whatever they charge for Internet, which I have to use for work. Doubletree offers free Internet in the lobby, and I love their warm cookie.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see this last nite worked out well for you and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy this leg of your stay and have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]