Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - Streeterville) Hyatt Regency Chicago

batman19
By batman19,
in

So far we are having 6 adaults going on this trip to chi town.

I have booked priceline and hotwire both many times. Here is my question

I know i will be gettin two rooms

but should i book it via hotwire or priceline?

I understand priceline about 2 persons per room deal

We are all adault in the late 20s out of 6 people there is 2 couples and we are all roommates.

I just looked at some room via hotwire, it is about $130 per night. what is the going rate for priceline?

thanks

In terms of HOTWIRE vs. PRICELINE, with HOTWIRE if you are indicating the amount of people in the room (3 in this case in each room), there should be bedding for the party - that is commonly 2 beds, but could be 1 + sofabed. HOTWIRE is more expensive, but you ensure bedding for the party and there is the ability to possibly make an educated guess as to what's showing. PRICELINE is cheaper, but one has to be willing to accept what they get - if you bid for a 4* in NMA-River North (for example), you have to be willing to accept any 4* in that zone.

Are you only looking for the NMA-River North area that the 4* level, or are you also willing to look at the Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park zone. What is the CL area? (as noted in the title)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

... and please click these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

I'm guessing CL stands for 'Central Loop'... is this correct?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks for the help. still looking around for now.

Most likely i will have to go with hotwire since we now have 8 people total

How often the price on hotwire is update? daily?

Also quick question on bedding, the price for 2 adults and 6 children is cheaping than the price for 8 adaults

Both total is 8 person, so the bedding should be the same right???

thanks

Hotels update their own prices anytime they wish, based upon supply/demand (occupancy) levels at their property.

Beddding for 8adults/0children vs. 2adults/6children should be the same, but if the hotel charges more for adults vs. children there could be an additional charge at check-in if you book adults as children. If you are going to take this risk, i would at least book 4adults/4children so that it is a bit less 'obvious' and i wouldn't have all eight adults go to the front desk at check-in.

If you need help trying to ID a HOTWIRE property let us know the details of the hotel offered and we'll try to take a guess.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you search for 4 adults/4 children on HOTWIRE, 4*'s in the downtown area are $150-180.

If you search for 4 adults/4 children/2 rooms on Expedia, the Hyatt on Wacker is $179 for a room that is listed as also offering a $75 credit. Be sure to select this option.

"Welcome Credit - $75 Per Stay

Book a 2-night minimum stay in a Welcome Credit-$75 per Stay rate category April 18 - December 28, 2011 for travel April 18 - December 30, 2011 and receive the following:

$75 hotel credit per room/stay

Subject to availability and requires a full non-refundable prepayment at booking. Credit applied at check-out on eligible charges posted to guestroom. Eligible charges exclude room rate, packages, taxes, gratuities, service charges, and charges not owned or operated by hotel. No refunds for unused portions. Other restrictions may apply."

While $179 per night, you also get a $75 credit (total, for the stay) to use at the hotel.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE or Expedia links to start your purchases and searches.

thanks for the help. im stilling looking for now

Credit applied at check-out on eligible charges posted to guestroom. Eligible charges exclude room rate, packages, taxes, gratuities, service charges, and charges not owned or operated by hotel. No refunds for unused portions. Other restrictions may apply."

lol

so what can i really use the credit for? not for room rate, taxes, service charges.......... maybe food? and all hotel food is super over price anyway.

I guess i will have to keep looking thanks again.

Can you help me to ID this two hotel

Chicago Loop

3 stars

breakfast, fitness, pool, business center, laundry, high speed internet

I think this is

La Quinta Inn and Suites

2nd hotel

MMA area

3 stars

fitness, pool, restaurants, business center, laundry, high speed internet

thanks

Room service, internet and any other such "optional" charges (parking?), I'm guessing. I think my view with this deal was that what appeared to be the Hyatt was $150 on HOTWIRE, for an extra $29, you get $75 to spend in the hotel.

Please let us know what you decide and if you have any questions.

• 5 months later...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]