Priceline Hotel: 4* star in Paris sept 10 to 13th

beachboy
By beachboy,
in

Marriot Rive Gauche is the one to aim for on PRICELINE, especially if one follows your advice abt Marriot Gold! :)

Here's the thing, present going rate on Marriot is 209 euros (~$300) for the nights you specified. Here's where you can play with math. If you tried $150, that means that basically they aren't going for it at 50% off of rack rate.

Also gotta know that in August, rack rate have been as low as 133 euros (~$190). People have won $100-$120 when rates are that low. Suppose that even if it's $190 => $100, you're looking at 47% off. If you take 47% off of $300, you end up with $159. You could start your next round of bidding at that if you're comfortable. Someone else won in the Eiffel Tour area, and got the Pullman for $185. I haven't been comfortable going that high, but my guess is if you want success, start at $155 using the multiple bid methods, increment by $5 or $10 til you get almost to 180.

Note that if the rack rate in August differs than in September, perhaps they have confidence the hotel will be at XX-% capacity and they might just not offer as big of a discount as in August.

if by "going rate" it was meant hotel advertised rate- then its 269 Euros for this marriott

ah yes, standard advertising craziness on Marriot's part. The website for the results will say "Prices starting at: ...." You are correct, when you actually click in to view the rates, they are at 269 euros.

The main idea is the same though I think, the 'starting point' is much lower during the off season. For the dates the OP stated (9/10 to 9/13), the rates are far from what they are during the slow season.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]