Priceline Hotel: 4* or 5* Paris 9/4 to 9/9- help

param78
By param78,
in

Hi,

For 9/9 and 9/10 nights we bid on priceline and got $130 Pullman River Gauche in the Eiffel Tower - Porte De Versailles - Montparnasse area.

Now need a 4* or 5* for 9/4 to 9/9.

1) I want to avoid Eiffel Tower - Porte De Versailles - Montparnasse area with bidding now, since highly likely will get pullman river again.

It is ok but doesnt have best of the reviews. little distant most say from action.

2) Champs Elysees - Arc De Triomphe-- want to avoid since most likely for 4* will get Melia alexander which has nasty reviews.

3) So, concentrating on these 3 areas-Opera Quarter East - Les Halles or Opera Quarter West - Jardin des Tuileries or St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse.

I have furiously bid for past 2 days (using forum PRICELINE link :) ).. no luck.

For 5* bid as high as $225.

For 4* bidded as high as $150.

I also have failed at 4* bid for areas mentioned in 1) and 2) at $145 for these dates

tried using all tricks of trade.. any insights or tips..Thanks

There are times and places in which Priceline just won't work within one's budget. Paris can be one of those.

Alternate approaches I've used include the various links under the Support/Travel tab, www.venere.com, www.booking.com, guide book recommendations, lower stars (dicey), summer rentals of college dorms, further out PL zones, etc. Well yeah, I even did a Youth Hostel once. Definitely too old for it, but I did get to spend the time I wanted in Venice.

I only did a quick look, but it doesn't appear as though one of your dates is particularly high and causing the problem. They just were all expensive.

You might get a cancelable back-up reservation through conventional channels, and then you can keep trying to beat it until the very last.

Romelle

Last night I increased the 5* star bid to $260. Was rejected.

I increased the 4* star bid to $165 .. Was rejected.

This was only for three areas st germain, and Latin/opera mentioned above. Maybe I should add champs elysees/effiel tower zones also to 4* bid.

Romelle,

Thank you for the insights.. There is an apartment we looked at, close to louvre also. I'll further check on it. Wife suggested same as you did, book something reasonable through conventional channels maybe 3 *..

Maybe we need to look at 3* in the best location..

Even $175 was rejected today for 4*.. the hotels through conventional booking are $300 to $350 plus

It's not surprising... when hotel rates go up it's indicative of stronger demand at hotels. Even though there is more margin for the hotels, they are less likely to discount too deeply since they would rather hold onto rooms in hopes of selling the rooms themselves at full price (or if they are willing to discount it may be a much lower discount than when business is slower)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm also having problem for Paris...

I trying with the exact same zones as you...

Not trying for a 5*...but rather a 4*

Went up to 150$ today... using the link of course...

I'm trying to get Marriott Rive Gauche...

If you get it...write me up...I'll tell you how to become a Marriott Gold... (free wifi and breakfast and maybe room upgrade)

Just tired Paris (Champs Elysees - Arc De Triomphe) for a 5*

I figured it was worth trying to get either Marriott Champs Elysees or Renaissance Arc De Triomphe...

Tried 200$ a night

No luck

Hi, I have tried and gone up to $250 for 5* in this zone and other zones. NO luck.. i have tried 9/4 to 9/9 and also break-up dates of 9/4 to 9/7 and 9/7 to 9/9.

I have done this repeatedly for few days.. good luck to you

I am as frustrated as you are. I have also tried breaking up the five night segment into 3 nights and 2 nights.. still no luck.

I have gone up to $185 for 4*.. I will keep trying and if luck strikes, will update.

Is Mariott rive gauche in "Effiel Tower" zone? If its not troublesome can you let me know how to be a marriott gold member easily.. :)

beachboy,

Can you please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay and keep that thread updated with your bidding history (and hopefully ultimate success as well!) You can then provide a link here to your new thread so that anyone already following along will know where to check for updates for your dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My instant Marriott gold reward trick

It's not mine btw... Read it online hehehe

Call them and tell them that you are Hilton gold

Tell them that you would like to switch over to them

But obviously you don't want to lose all the perks of being a gold member

They will offer you "taste of gold" program

You get gold for 3-4 months

Which is perfect for me who got Marriott Berlin and Marriott Charles de gaules during my september trip

Cause you get free breakfast and wifi

To keep it you have to stay 12 nights with them during that 4 months... Don't think my priceline reservation will work to help me keep te status... Don't care honestly

Wifi @ the Marriott Berlin is 20euros per day and breakfast is 15euros per person!

Hoping to get the rive gauche Marriott so I can have a Marriott only vacay :)

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]