Priceline Hotel: 3* Oakland-Eastbay (Oakland-Alameda) Marriott City Center

Richs
By Richs,
in

I'm trying already 2 months to get a deal for two 4* rooms in SF with Priceline 9/9 and 10/9. I have made more than 100 hundred bids with no results. Sometimes my bid was 140 $. I'm always using the forum PRICELINE link.

One week ago I saw on the LMT site a deal 136 $ for the Hyatt Embarcadero. But this was under request, after 48 hours I got a message for the first room "Reservation not available". But after 5 days I got a conformation for the second room.

I have send a mail to LMT for the asking if it is possible to send a conformation for the first room. On this moment almost one week ago no comment from LMT.

I think it is possible to cancel the second room with LMT, and try again with Priceline. Could you advice what to do ?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

I'd call LMT and ask for details on the reservation and cancellation policy first. If you can cancel without penalty (although be sure to ask for the details on how long you can do so), then I'd suggest continuing to bid on PRICELINE until successful, and if successful, then cancelling the back-up LMT reservation. If you can't cancel the LMT reservation though, I'd definitely check that before continuing to try and bid on PRICELINE.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for your advise !

In the meantime I got an answer from LMT. I can always cancel the confirmed reservation without penalty.

They advise me to ask a new request for the second room. But I have seen some bad reviews about LMT.

Is there anybody know about that, I mean overbooking or something ?

I've been successful on numerous LMT bids both in the USA and overseas in Europe. So far, my experience has been very positive as I've never had any issue with the reservation, the hotel always had any comments or requests associated with the reservation (and tried in most instances to accommodate our request).

• 2 weeks later...

First, when you are bidding 4*, you have to be prepared to accept any 4* or higher hotel in the zone. No guarantees it will be the Hyatt. If you look at the hotel list (first post in this San Francisco - Priceline area) you will see a list of hotels other bidders have reported as wins.

Check the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins (on this page just above). Enter your dates and select San Francisco - Priceline. You will see "2 Win(s)". Click on that and you will see one of them is an Embarcadero 3 1/2* win for $160. There weren't any HOTWIRE wins.

So, in response to your request for advice - you have some choices to make.

Your options:

Consider other San Francisco Priceline zones?

Consider lower star levels?

Raise your budget?

Romelle

• 2 weeks later...

Still no success in SFO. Most of hotels are sold out for 9/9 - 9/12. My last bids for USE, USW, Embarcadero, Soma, I went up to $180 for 3*, and rejected.

So this is the limit of my budget. I'm going to try something in Oakland. Thanks to the forum for the help !

Today I have made a success full booking with PL. I won this property with my first bid of $80

This is close to BART and only 13 minutes to Embarcardero.

I'm very happy with this case !

Of course I used the PRICELINE link here

Oakland Marriott City Center

1001 Broadway

Oakland, CA 94607

510-451-4000

Check-In: Friday, September 9, 2011-03:00 PM

Check-Out: Monday, September 12, 2011-12:00 PM

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $80.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Guests Per Room: 2

Number of Nights: 3

Room Subtotal: $480.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $73.20 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $553.20 (USD)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]