Toronto Parking Tips

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

There is a very large municipal parking garage directly across from the Sheraton, on the north side of Queen Street, underneath the Toronto City Hall. Rates should be much less than those of the hotel, as it is a city-run garage, not private.

Check out the GREEN P website!

There are no in-and-out privileges, but you really don't need a car if you're remaining in the downtown area. I believe there's also a walkway underneath Queen Street, directly from the garage into the Sheraton.

The rates are much better than the hotel's ...

Monday - Friday

$2.25 / Half Hour

Day Maximum (7am - 6pm): $14.00

Night Maximum (6pm - 7am): $6.00

so $20 max. unless you go in and out a few times, then it my be a bit more with the hourly rate. Also, there are over 2000 spaces so I don't think you'll have a problem finding one!!

BTW, for others staying on the weekends, it's even cheaper ... Saturday max. is $12, Sunday max. is $6

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

Here's some additional info which I hope may be helpful as well. I live about an hour away from Toronto and travel there quite frequently for business and pleasure. If you require parking in the downtown core, the best and cheapest place I've found is a city garage located at the Esplanade, behind the Novotel - downtown hotel. Rates there are $9 per day and it's covered and secure. This is a great location if you're attending a hockey game, and is a short walk to baseball and the theatre district. Plenty of restaurants on the Esplanade as well.

Another option I use for personal visits to Toronto where I'm staying overnight downtown for a day or two, or if I just want to save myself the stress and congestion of the downtown traffic, is to park at the end of the line of the TTC subway line and take the subway into downtown. Cost is $3 per person ($2.50 with volume purchase) to ride the subway and parking at most subway stations near the end of the lines is free after 3 pm on weekdays and all weekends. I can understand the subway can be a little intimidating, but do your research of stops and transfer stations and it's really quite easy and safe to navigate/use.

Hope this helps!

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just to add to this topic:

- There is an unposted 3 hour parking limit on streets in the City of Toronto (and many other Ontario cities too).

- Parking is not allowed at TTC subway lots between 2am and 5am daily. Plus they now charge for parking after 3pm on weekdays when they didn't before.

- Parking is allowed free for up to 72 hours at GO Transit commuter train parking lots.

- Parkopedia is a good site, as is BestParking. http://toronto.bestparking.com/

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]