Priceline Hotel: 3* Boston (Burlington-Woburn) Courtyard Woburn Boston North

Zenben
By Zenben,
in

We would like to take a vacation to Boston from Sunday 8/21- Wednesday 8/24. We are on a budget and don't want to spend much more than $50 a night. If it's too much more then we can only stay 2 nights. We realize at that price we can't actually stay in the city itself, but we would like to stay as close as possible. We are not picky about the hotel as long as it's clean, bed bug free, and family friendly (we are traveling with a 3 year old and 1.5 year old) we are happy. What's the best strategy? Thanks for the help.

What is the minimum star rating you're willing to accept?

Also, note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Is this a risk you're willing to accept? If not, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We are not picky about the hotel as long as it's clean, bed bug free, and family friendly...

You can't specifically choose a family friendly hotel when using PRICELINE, and while all hotels should (in theory) be clean and bug free, cleanliness/quality can be an issue at any hotel, but likely more of an issue at the lower rated properties.

To start with the 'main' region of the city, and assuming all of the following are acceptable:

Harbor Front, Waterfront, Brighton, Cambridge, Copley, Fenway, Medford, North Cambridge, Quincy Market, Airport, South Boston

Select 2* Harbor Front, Waterfront, Brighton, Cambridge, Copley, Airport...

Bid $35, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2* Medford, North Cambridge, Quincy Market, South Boston, Fenway...

Bid $35, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2* Medford, Waterfront, Brighton, Cambridge, Copley, Airport...

Bid $38, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2* Harbor Front, North Cambridge, Quincy Market, South Boston, Fenway...

Bid $38, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2* Harbor Front, North Cambridge, Brighton, Cambridge, Copley, Airport...

Bid $40, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2* Medford, Waterfront, Quincy Market, South Boston, Fenway...

Bid $40, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2* Harbor Front, Waterfront, Quincy Market, Cambridge, Copley, Airport...

Bid $43, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2* Medford, North Cambridge, Brighton, South Boston, Fenway...

Bid $43, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2* Harbor Front, Waterfront, Brighton, South Boston, Copley, Airport...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2* Medford, North Cambridge, Quincy Market, Cambridge, Fenway...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2* Harbor Front, Waterfront, Brighton, Cambridge, Fenway, Airport...

Bid $48, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2* Medford, North Cambridge, Quincy Market, South Boston, Copley...

Bid $48, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 2* Harbor Front, Waterfront, Brighton, Cambridge, Fenway, Airport, Medford, North Cambridge, Quincy Market, South Boston, Copley...

Bid $50

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your response. I'm sorry I wasn't clear. When I said my minimum was 2 star I meant that's the lowest I would go, but if I could get a three star for $50 or a drop more I would rather do that. If I start bidding for 2 star doesn't that mean I can't win a 3 star? Thanks again for your help.

I'm doubtful your budget will be enough for a 3* or a 2.5* but you can just go thru the above trying first for a 3* property, then if rejected close the browser, use our link on the board to re-access PRICELINE, re-try using 2.5*, then if rejected repeat at the 2* level.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

HOTWIRE has a 2* hotel in the Airport zone which will likely put you a little closer than something in Wakefield.

As well, if you search HOTWIRE for 'Boston' and on the left side UNcheck all the zones which are selected, then CHECKmark all the zones in the 'Expand your search', you can then list the hotels by price. There are hotels in the $50's, but i would tend to look for something which has good TA reviews provided or a high recommended percentage by previous HOTWIRE customers. For example, location aside, i would sooner go with the 3* Burlington-Woburn-Lexington property at $68 since it has a very high 95% recommendation from previous HOTWIRE guests rather than the 1* $49 hotel with no satisfaction rating or the 2* or 3.5* hotels with 60% or 70% recommendation ratings. When looking at the lower rated hotels i give more weight to the ratings and previous user satisfacation levels.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Travelocity link should you decide to go that route)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I went with hotwire in the end, should I post my results here or create a new post in the hotwire forum?

If you post here, a moderator will move the entire thread to the hotwire area. With the whole thought process and steps included, the story is more complete and informative for subsequent bidders.

Romelle

I went with 3* with smoke free, fitness, pool, restaurant, business, laundry in Burlington Woburn Lexington area it was the Courtyard Woburn Boston North. I used the link on the message board. It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but it's a great deal. Thanks for all the help.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the results and are looking forward to your stay... i think this is a much better option then some of the lower star rated properties you were considering.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Are you familiar with the area?

There are 2 Courtyards in Woburn- Mishawum and Unicicorn Park.

Do you have a car?

I have stayed at both, read my reviews in the review section:

MA Boston North Shore Courtyard Woburn

MA Boston North Shore Courtyard Boston North Woburn

Both are 15 min to Boston Common by car.

Good deals on either and if you get a room you don't like request a change-be specific what you want- politely.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]