Hotwire Hotel: 3* Inner Harbor

jbhall
By jbhall,
in

We had such a great time in Baltimore over the Memorial day weekend that we are planning on going back on these dates. When I put in these dates, it comes up with the ammenities, (Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Business Center) which from your list is most likely the Wyndham. But here is the deal, it has it for $108 per night for a total of $432. If I put in smaller time frames here is what I get:

6/16-6/18 - $64/night

6/18-6/19 - $108

6/19-6/20 - $59

This is a grand total of $295, a big savings and if I split up the first two nights I can save $4 more dollars. I'm not really worried about the $4, but the other is a $137. Wow!

I checked and they all have the same ammenities, but is it very likely that they are different hotels. (I know it's possible, but is it likely) Also, is this ever done, getting three separate, concurrent reservations?

Any input would be greatley appreciated.

The more 'unique' the amenities the more likely it is the same hotel. The amenities listed above are fairly generic, but i would suspect that it is most likely the same property.

If you search WYNDHAM's website directly, you'll see that they show sold-out for the sole nite of the 18th, but if you seach including the 18th for a multi-nite stay there is availability (athough at a higher rate than the other nites).

The ideal situation would be that the sole nite showed availability at a high rate and didn't require the stay to be included with other nites in order to not show a sold-out condition. Given the savings are significant i would probably take the chance (my wife wouldn't :) ), but there are no guarantees.

A more conservative way to play this, although more expensive, is to book the hotel in two separate reservations... 6/16-6/18 and 6/18-6/20. Will cost you more but at least if you get a different hotel you'll only be switching properties once. Personally i would probably go the cheaper route, but the process of changing hotels isn't for everyone.

For separate reservations just let them know at check-in that you have multiple reservations for a continuous stay and they will block your room off so that you don't need to change rooms each day, although you often do have to go to the front desk to have them 'officially check you out and then back in' (swipe your room card thru the machine to make it remain active)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your input, I will probably try to get something later in the day. I might try priceline first. But I will use your link either way.

One other question I had. When searching I tried several different dates. And no matter what dates I choose, it only ever gave me one option for a 3* hotel. The 3*'s you have listed are the Wyndham and the Holiday Inn or Sheraton, which both have the same ammenities, but one different than the Wyndham. I am curious, is it just the way it worked out that the Wyndham and either the HI or Sher. were not availiable at the same time. Or is it possible that Hotwire would only offer one option, because they stand to make more money.

Just curious.

Thanks

They only show one hotel per zone at each star level (although if condos are also offered in the area the will also show one condo at each star level). The hotel with the lowest price is offered to users on their searches... it can get a bit more complicated than above if two hotels have a price within a few dollars of each other, at which point they're selected at random on a search-by-search basis, but the above is the general procedure in simple terms.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]