Priceline Hotel: Help with 2.5*-3* Seattle bid

blue17
By blue17,
in

I am interested in getting a 2.5* hotel in the Space Needle area or a 3* in the Lake Union area. I'm not sure I have determined a maximum amount to bid, but hopefully under $120. Do you think that is doable? I will greatly appreciate any advice/suggestions that I receive.

Current rates are listed below:

2.5* Seattle Center

Best Western Executive Inn-no availability

Holiday Inn Express-$203

Homewood Suites-$229

Springhill Suites-$209

3* Lake Union

Courtyard-no availability

Residence Inn-$239

Silver Cloud Inn-$199

I am interested in getting a 2.5* hotel in the Space Needle area or a 3* in the Lake Union area.

Based upon current prices i think it will take a little more than $120 to be successful for these dates, but to clarify... are you 'ok' with a 3* hotel in the Space Needle zone? Can the suggested strategy bid for a 3* up to your limit in both the Space Need and Lake Union zones, then if rejected re-try for only the Space Needle zone for a 2.5*?

Also, i assume there is a reason you're not including the Pike Place zone in your bidding? (ie- are there particular hotels you're trying to avoid in this area?)

Please confirm and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Thereuare,

I think I heard at some point that the Holiday Inn in the Space Needle area was not a desired hotel but that the 2.5* hotels were O.K. I thought I would have better luck in Lake Union (1st choice) or Space Needle areas and was not really trying to avoid the Pike Place area. Do you think I could find a better rate in the Pike Place area? Do you know of any * levels in any of the areas that I should avoid?

For the average user the Pike Place zone is generally considered more convenient than the Space Needle zone. However, the Space Needle area has been 'cleaned up' over the last 5 years or so, and is more acceptable than it used to be, but still less desirable, imo. I can't comment for the specific area surrounding the Holiday Inn, but not sure how recent the comments were which indicated to avoid part of the zone.

With the above noted, if you're trying to avoid the 3* Holiday Inn, you can't do so by only bidding 2.5*. With PRICELINE the star rating you choose is the minimum you're willing to accept and your 2.5* bid could always be upgraded to a 3* (or even higher) rated property.

With the rates you quoted above at $200+, a win at $120 may be difficult, but we can try... what is the purpose of this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I forgot about possibly being placed in a higher * level than the bid. Thanks for the reminder.

The trip is just a getaway/vacation. If a $120 win will be difficult, how high might I have to bid? Wouldn't Pike Place require an even higher bid?

While the Pike Place zone is typically more expensive, there is more hotel competition in this area, so it could potentially be cheaper on any give date(s). However, even if there was a way to confirm that it was more expensive, why not include it in your bidding anyway... as long as it is an acceptable zone, it will help you get more bidding opportunities and the worst that happens is you win a hotel in this zone at a great price.

I'm guessing a 3* will likely run ~$140-$160 for these dates.

Let us know your thoughts regarding including the Pike Place zone as well as if you want to keep your maximum bid at $120 and we'll take it from there. (also, to confirm, you haven't made any bids for this stay yet, correct?)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]