Priceline Hotel: Looking for bidding assistance in West Hollywood

stasik
By stasik,
in

Have seen some differing prices in the West Hollywood/Beverly Hills zone on PRICELINE so before I jump in, would like to get thoughts on a bidding strategy.

Looking for 4*. Willing to go up to $130 at this point. If I fail at that price, I can back off and re-assess my zones and strategies since I have some time.

I was a little concerned when I saw that HOTWIRE is offering nothing in the 4* zone for that time frame, just a 3* @ $136 and a 4.5* @ $204. Not sure if that means that the 4* properties haven't made any rooms available on any opaque sites for that time.

$130 seems like a realistic limit. If $130's not enough for 4* it may be enough for 3.5*. And if it's not enough for a 4* today it could be closer to your travel dates.

In BH-WeHo zone there are some hotels that have come up on PL but never been reported on Hotwire. The lack of inventory on HW doesn't necessarily mean you won't win something on PL then.

The Hotwire 4.5* looks like a match for Sofitel, which Priceline rates 4*, so it could come up on a 4* bid--although I doubt $130 will be enough when the HW rate is $200+.

When bidding for 4* in LA you have FOUR rebid zones. Those are zones that only have less than 4* quality. If you need help determining your four rebid zones please ask.

I suggest $90 for 4* in BH-WH. Then raise $10 per rebid zone up to $130.

Please start your bids with this PRICELINE link.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Bids were all on 4* hotels.

$90 - Beverly Hills West Hollywood

$100 - Add Culver City

$110 - Add Lawndale

$120 - Add Inglewood

$130 - Add Redondo Manhattan Beach.

I'll give it another shot tonite. ADRs and occupancy have been coming up in California so hoteliers will probably want to sit back and see if they can fill rooms before jumping into Priceline and Hotwire.

• 1 month later...

As a follow-up with my travel date nearing on this.

Continuing to bid. Increased max bid to $165 with no luck. And I have one less rebid zone to work with. Looks like the hotels just haven't released any inventory. Most of the 4* hotels are in the $200-$250 range on travel sites. Hotwire has 4* at $197. So it just may be that the discounts simply aren't to be had right now.

I've had a reservation for a 3* place near Sunset for $135. I am guessing that this will be my hotel unless something changes significantly. My drop-dead on that is Tuesday.

Thanks for the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]