Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago Suburbs (Oakbrook-Downers Grove) Marriott Suites D.G.

Noela
By Noela,
in

Hello:

Got this property after several attempts - luckily there are multiple rebid zones:

Began with $35 all the way up to $65 for a 7-day stay, but was not lucky !.

Then I split my reservation into two, bearing in mind the inconvenience of moving from one hotel into two.

Then I tried again and got the hotel - for $65, first for 3 days.

I tried bidding on another 3.5* hotel in the same area for the additional 4-days, but was not lucky -- even bidding all the way to $60. So, I went back through priceline, and realized that I was offered the chance to extend my original stay, which I did successfully.

Price breakdown for 2 rooms:

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $65.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Guests Per Room: 2

Number of Nights: 6

Room Subtotal: $780.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $120.12 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $900.12 (USD)

But a question: How do I get a discount on the $12 night wireless internet access rates?

I used BB travel PRICELINE links ....

rgds, Noela

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the results and this property works well for your needs.

Can't help too much on the internet charges, but here are some suggestions:

-if you only need sporadic internet access you can get online periodically at a nearby Starbucks, McDonalds, or any other place that offers free internet

-find out who the internet provider for the hotel is, then see if they have relationships with any services which will enable you to access the internet as part of the 'other' service. For example, if T-mobile provide the hotel with internet, you may be able to get a daily/monthly plan (without a contract) from T-mobile directly

-if you travel enough, invest in a USB modem and pay-as-you-go coverage from a cellular provider... could pay for itself after a few trips

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]