Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Downtown) Marriott Pinnacle

HH2011
By HH2011,
in

Hi there,

I am looking for a hotel in downtown Vancouver, checking in Fri Aug 5, checking out Sat Aug 6.

4 adults. 2 hotel rooms. 2 adults in each room.

I'd like 4 star or above, although I see on Priceline that 4 * is the highest rating given for downtown Vancouver hotels.

Would you please give me some tips on how best to secure 2 hotel rooms in this bracket for a good price, in dtown Vanc ?

Thank you !

Is 'Downtown' the only zone you're willing to accept or is 'Granville Entertainment District' acceptable as well?

Let us know regarding the zone(s) above as well as your maximum bid for this stay and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am definitely willing to stay in Downtown Vancouver or Granville Entertainment District. Either is fine !

$130 is probably our top amount, as I know that doesn't include tax, or parking fee.

I did see that someone got the Sheraton Wall Centre for $122 for the night we are looking at, so am hoping that is a good sign.

Thanks for your help - much appreciated !

Well, after reading the advice that was provided in the forums on Canadian hotels, and after looking at the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins, I took a chance and put a bid in for the 'Downtown' zone this morning. I was going to start there, and then add zones as I needed to/ as per the re-bidding strategies discussed.

Since I knew that one other person had secured a 4 * downtown/granville entertainment area for the same date we were looking at, at $122, I decided not to mess around, and to bid $120. And ... I got it !

$ 120 for the Marriott Pinnacle Hotel, in the Downtown area. Came out to $ 143 with all taxes added. I am thinking this is a very good deal, given the hotel rate for a room on the same night starts at $ 319.

This is a great site, and I'll be using it again. Thank you !

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful and that you're pleased with your purchase. Your win is a good example how even when bidding the same dates as somebody else you could easily receive a different hotel, since the previous winning bid for your nite was for the Sheraton and you received the Marriott.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]