Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Copley Square-Theatre District) Westin

thirsty traveller
By thirsty traveller,
in

First of all, thanks to everyone for all the invaluable information. I have read many threads and gained lots of insight.

This is my first time using PL and I wanted to confirm my bidding process.

I would like to stay in the Back Bay area, which I think is called Copley on PL. I want to bid on a 4* and am a little unsure of what my starting bid should be...$110? $120? I would also consider adding zone to include Quincy (not sure of zone) at 4*. The timing of the trip is mid August for a long weekend.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Thanks to everyone on this forum. I've been reading lots of post and the information is great!

It is my first time on PL. I plan on starting a bid for a 4* in Copley area (Back Bay). I am unsure of a starting bid...$100...$110...$120?? I am willing to add the Quincy area as well in a second bid. Planning on a long weekend in Boston and would like a 4* centrally located. Any comments on my bid would be greatly appreciated. And Yes, I will use the link. Thanks for such a great site!!

I mentioned the 3.5* wins not to suggest you try that star level, but because they are $95 wins. Since it took $95 to win at that star level, it is reasonably safe to assume $95 won't win at the 4* level. Therefore, $95 could serve as a starting bid for your 4* bidding. You have 5 free rebid zones, so you could bid something like 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120 all in one session (maybe even one more bid if you decide to include another actual 4* zone). You could even start at $90 just to be a little more cautious.

Also, 4* is currently the highest star level offered for Priceline bidding in Boston.

Romelle

Welcome to BetterBidding! :)

Assuming you're looking at both the Copley and Quincy Market zones, i'm guessing you're porbably looking in the $140-$165 area for a 4* hotel.

Let us know if both of these zones are accetpable, as well as your maximum bid, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks in advance for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks Wolverine! Yes, both zones are acceptable. I would like to keep it at 165 and under, hopefully under...because that's why we're all here, right!!??!!

Based on the 3.5* at $95, I plan on starting my bidding for Copley/Theatre at $100, adding quincy at $110 and going up in 10 increments. If this is not the right strategy, let me know. I did see that others got the Back Bay Hotel for $125-130.

Thanks.

Thirsty Traveller a/k/a IRISHgirl

To make sure i udnerstand... you're starting at $95 for a 4* hotel? There's no harm in doing so, but at current rates i don't that really has any shot.

With both Copley and Quincy Market being acceptable, i would bid as follows:

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Copley...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Quincy Market...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Copley and Quincy Market...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

THANKS!!!! I bid 4* Copley at $120...failed Rebid adding Quincy...failed..rebid raising $125...failed. from your post I guess I should have unchecked Copley and checked Quincy for the second round. and third round checking both. Now going to wait the 24 hours and start over. I tried to reopen browser and said I had a duplicate bid. I assume I can start again tomorrow with just Copley. I plan on starting my bid at $135. I REALLY want to be in Copely and hopefully I have enough time to keep the rebidding with 24 time limits. the only other zone I will accept is Quincy. I have read and read and read the rebidding thread...thanks for the visual!!!...but I'm not sure how the add re-bid zone helps me when I'm pretty set on one zone and the other zones have 4* hotels. Am I missing something???

Again, thanks for all the help.

I bid 4* Copley at $120...failed Rebid adding Quincy...failed..rebid raising $125...failed.
I REALLY want to be in Copely and hopefully I have enough time to keep the rebidding with 24 time limits. the only other zone I will accept is Quincy.
Do you want to include the Quincy Market zone in your bidding or not??
... I'm not sure how the add re-bid zone helps me when I'm pretty set on one zone and the other zones have 4* hotels. Am I missing something???
Not all the other zones have 4* properties. If you're not able to determine your re-bid zones, try the following:

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter 'Boston' and your dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

If you don't follow the above just post back and we'll break it down further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks everyone. I think I FINALLY understand.

Here is my proposed bidding for a 4* hotel in the Copley Square area:

Bid 1 - Copley - $135

Bid 2 - Copley -$140 (Adding Fenway Park zone [only has 1* hotels)

Bid 3 - Copley $145 (Adding North Cambridge Arlington [only has 2 1/2 *])

Bid 4 - Copley $150 (Adding South Boston [only has 3*])

Bid 5 - Copley $160 (Adding Brookline)

Please let me know if you have any comments...I'm not opposed to starting my bid a littler higher

Thanks for your patience.

It is always a good idea to secure a cancelable reservation in the area you would like to be or somewhere at the price you want to pay. you can compare many of the sites through the support links.. and SOMETIMES dhr.com has an unusually low rat,. and sometimes others do. It just depends. It is never the only site I look at. HOTWIRE can be as good or better than PRICELINE sometimes, too, so keep an eye on everything you have time and patience for! Good luck! Be sure to check the star ratings of hotels you are going to use for free bids all the time! Once a 3.5* or 3* hotel was added from one day to the next, to an area I was using in free rebids for 4*. So do check that every session.

Thanks. I looked on HOTWIRE (using the link above) and found Copley 4* for $189. Amenities are Smoke Free, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet. Any idea which property this is? Copley Westin? I wouldn't mind targeting this hotel as has come highly recommended by friends. Was unsure which would be more successful, PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, or is just a question of numbers.

I thank you for your patience with me. This is my first time and I want to do it right. I travel a lot and would like to start using P and H as much as possible. thanks!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you decided to take the plunge and received the hotel you were hoping for. Nice to see your first purchased resulted in a deal you're happy with and you're looking forward to your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]