WALKED! PL REFUNDED $$$

bturner13
By bturner13,
in

Thank you for taking the time to send us an e-mail.

We are sorry to hear that the Homestead Studio Suites Tampa/brandon was

overbooked. We have refunded your credit card. You can expect to see

this refund to appear within 10 business days.

Hotel Request Number:

Amount refunded: (TOTAL INCLUDING FEES/TAXES)

We apologize for any inconvenience, and hope you give us the

opportunity

to serve your future travel needs.

Sincerely,

Priceline Travel Services

p.s. Oh, was walked to the LaQuinta Hotel right next door! Same 2 star type but with a nice cont. b.fast.

BUT LQ allows for dogs of all sizes and this hotel was full of barking dogs! Glad I had a loud AC!

Sorry, wasn't able to edit my previous post. :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

"Walking" rules are not written in stone, but generally speaking they are supposed to put you up at a hotel of equivalent quality or better. But as hotel quality is subjective and the rules are not set in stone, i've heard properties of the same chain handle it differently (some refund the purchase essentially making your stay free, while others just move you and won't refund your money).

It appears that BTuner's experience indicates that Priceline will credit you if you're walked.

I think it's difficult to get a written confirmation of any company's policy on this as overbooking and 'walking' a cusotmer is not supposed to happen.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

Just got walked by the Summerfield Suites Parsippany in Whippany, to their property in Morristown. Saw a note at the front desk that the "Republican Committee needs all the extra rooms." (Noticed too that we were welcomed into the state by the "acting" governor, according to highway sign.) PL refunded promptly.

Also, while checking in to the Jersey City Hyatt for a 3 night stay, was informed the hotel was completely full entire stay. Good thing we called at 9 AM to request room preference and do 1-800-checkin, or who knows where we could've ended up. This may explain the recent scarcity and cost of PL in Jersey City -- they're selling out conventionally as word spreads of the convenience to Manhattan.

Have had several Priceline walkings last two years. Inconvenient, yes, but free night is free night!

I'm getting extremely worried about the Jersey City Hyatt and the 'overbooking' scenario - this is the 2nd case of it I've heard in 2 days, and I'm going next week!

I'm a GP member so I'd hope to goodness I wouldn't be put in this scenario; as it would spoil the entire holiday; providing we weren't moved to the Grand Hyatt NY of course - in which case that'd be acceptable. I think I might give them a call before we leave the house or something.. as I really hope to God this doesn't happen to us...

Matt

This is where you are very lucky your staying at a Hyatt. The best beneifit of the GP program is that you can call 1800-check-in and get your room asigned before everyone else over the phone. :)

• 1 month later...

Ok I am officially confused:

so what happens if you are walked ? Are you left to fend for yourself, since finding a hotel (depending on the time) maybe difficult and Expensive!

I read some comments that PL refunded the user, I guess they refunded the price paid by the user on PL, but hey that may not be enough, one could've booked a hotel and gotten the BEST published rate instead of using PL.

What is one supposed to do should this happen?

Nice, and PL refunds you the charge incurred (on PL)?  So basically one gets to stay for free... not bad.

The hotel which walks you, is it obligated to walk you to an equivalent/better hotel, or are we at their mercy?

it means the hotel doesn't have room for you, so they have to have you go to another hotel, but the hotel will pay for it so it doesn't cost you anything (except for incidentals)

there are 2 cases:

1) the money you originally paid to priceline..........that DOESN'T get refunded

2) the money you originally paid to priceline..........that DOES get refunded

unfortunately 1) seems a little more common.......an interesting 3rd option would be offere you a free nights stay at the hotel that was booked up in the future

it's completely up to priceline whether to refund you and up to the hotel as to what hotel they'll walk you to, could be equivalent, better, or worse

I don't think there will be a problem with getting a refund from PL as the hotel did not honor the contract and save you a room. This is a no brainer and you will get your $ back. contact PL and request a refund.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]