Priceline Hotel: 3* San Diego (Del Mar-Rancho Santa Fe) Morgan Run Club and Resort

soccermacmom
By soccermacmom,
in

I bid on Tuesday, July 12, for a hotel in the San Diego area. I first bid $80 for a 3* in the North County Coastal zone, but was rejected. I added the Del Mar-Rancho Santa Fe zone and upped the bid to $85. I was successful and won the following hotel. Of course, I used the PRICELINE link on the forum.

Morgan Run Club & Resort

5690 Cancha De Golf

Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92091

858-756-2471

Check-In: Thursday, July 14, 2011-04:00 PM

Check-Out: Friday, July 15, 2011-12:00 PM

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $85.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Guests Per Room: 2

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $85.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $18.78 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $103.78 (USD)

Morgan Run adds a $15 resort fee per day, which of course is annoying, but it does cover parking, and has very nice club/resort amenities. We used the gym, which was the largest and nicest of any hotel I've seen, and the pool and spa, which were also very nice. It is really a golf/country club that rents about 65 guest rooms. No complementary food or drink, as expected.

The bed was great and the room was spacious. They've remodeled the rooms recently, but the furniture was obviously left from before. There was a nice bar area with a bar sink and refrigerator and the bathroom was convenient. Reviews have been quite poor, but we thought it was pretty good value, considering the high prices and uneven quality in the San Diego area.

In all, it was a good stay, and we would stay there again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]