Priceline Hotel: Safe rebid zone for LA area

shawnjlaw
By shawnjlaw,
in

Am I correct in that Studio City is the only area with a less than 3* option for safe rebids? The list indicates that Sportman's Lodge (2.5 *) and a new Courtyard offering (3* but not confirmed as a priceline property) are all that is available in that area. I googled for Courtyard in Studio City and came up with Nada, although there is a listing for Sherman Oaks (Is this the Courtyard for Studio City?) Just looking for a safe rebid zone for targeting 3* and up, or trying to determine if the new Courtyard in this zone wouldn't be bad to get if using this zone (Studio City is a good central location but I've heard that Sportsan's Lodge has went down the crapper in recent years.) Am I overlooking another less than 3* zone? Seems like there used to be another one.

North Hollywood-Studio City only offers up to 2.5*, and NH-SC is the only rebid zone for 3* in the San Fernando Valley cluster.

In the Hotel List the Courtyard Sherman Oaks is incorrectly assigned to NH-SC zone. It's actually in Van Nuys-Mission Hills-Sherman Oaks zone now. There is no Courtyard in NH-SC. I don't know if the zone boundary changed since last report, or maybe a "data entry error".

Is a 3* hotel in VN-MH-SO zone your objective?

Actually I'm open somewhat, just wanted to stay 3* and above and not be too far removed from LA proper. Was actually starting the search in the Glendale Burbank area and thought the Studio City zone would be a safe rebid zone for 3* and above. But I'm open to South Bay, Culver City. Anyplace that isn't too far often the beaten path. I have a tendency to be in every corner of greater LA area when I'm there it seems.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]