Priceline Hotel: Failed Bids: 3-4* / Downtown Boston 10/21 - 10/23

sushinsky4tsar
By sushinsky4tsar,
in

Going up against the Head of the Charles for a two night stay downtown (Friday 10/21 - Sunday 10/23) and taking it in the teeth.

Rejected:

4-star $176

3.5 star $166

3-star $140

Also rejected breaking it up in to separate bids for 10/21 - 10/22

4-star $166

3.5-star $166

3-star $150

Normally, I would think that it's a little bit too early. But I'm guessing rates will only go up with an event like that(?) Hotwire posted rates are 203 - 224. Is there a par percentage for an accepted PRICELINE bid : HOTWIRE rate?

I will probably take one more crack at it before I start looking at settling for the airport or suburbs. Kudos on the transportation guide. That should be a good resource if it comes to that.

I apologize for posting what I'm sure is a FAQ, but I'm not sure that I was able to find the answer..

The language PL uses on this $5 cancellation per room per night makes it sound like this coverage only applies to major hardships (job loss, terrorist attack, car accident, sickness, etc.)

I'm wondering if this policy can be exercised for the more basic "change of plans". Does this policy afford the peace of mind of booking early, then exercising the option to cancel and book at a lower rate if prices drop closer to check in? If so, how much notice is needed for the cancellation? Is it a full 100% refund of the original purchase price a/ fees? Is it credited back to my credit card promptly?

Thanks in advance.

Used the PRICELINE link and am currently working on the following bid rejections for 10/21 - 10/23:

4* Copley-Harbor Front-Quincy Mkt: $200

3.5* Copley-Harbor Front-Quincy Mkt: $182

3* Copley-Harbor Front-Quincy Mkt: $164

4* Cambridge-Water Front: $190

4* Logan Airport: $150

My (impatient) fiance went rogue and told me that she was rejected at $234 for a 4-star on the Harbor Front. I really wanted to be downtown, but would be willing settle for a 3+ with easy access to the subway grid. I'm thinking the airport or Brighton-Brookline might be good for that.

The language PL uses on this $5 cancellation per room per night makes it sound like this coverage only applies to major hardships (job loss, terrorist attack, car accident, sickness, etc.)... I'm wondering if this policy can be exercised for the more basic "change of plans".
As with any insurance policy, you should carefully read the terms. However, the short answer question is 'no', the policy does not cover regret, not liking the hotel received, change of plans, etc. For the most part it covers sickness which would otherwise make you unable to travel.
My (impatient) fiance went rogue and told me that she was rejected at $234 for a 4-star on the Harbor Front.
If you (or she) are willing to pay $234/nite for a 4* and have been turned down, before resorting to staying outside of downtown are any of these of interest on HOTWIRE:

4* Quincy Market $225

3.5* Back Bacy $209

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]