Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* DL North w/100% Rec No amenenity match on list

IamMrsOz
By IamMrsOz,
in

There is a deal listed August 24-27 for $65 for 2.5 Disneyland North with 100% recommended by Hotwire users. The amenities are complimentary breakfast, pool, laundry, High Speed Internet, and kitchenette. This doesn't seem to match ANY listed properties on the sticky. I went through the 2.5 star properties listed through Hotwires Standard Rates and the only one with 4.5 out of 5 stars was Park Vue Inn. I went to the website and the amenities certainly seem to be a match.

What does it mean when a hotel isn't in the hotel list? If this is Park Vue I definitely want it. What do you think?

ETA: 1 room 2 adults 2 children

As per my reply in the other Hotwire Anaheim thread you commented on, my guess is that this is the La Quinta.

From your comments in the previous thread, i know you're not interested in this property, but you need to focus on ALL of the information provided... this property is 100% recommended by HOTWIRE guests but is only a 3.0/5.0 Tripadvisor rating. This disparity should raise a red flag to proceed with caution and investigate further. The 100% recommendation only comes from 10+ reviewers, which is not enough of a sample (imo) to be statistically significant, so i would give more weighting to the TA rating. Also, we do sometimes see a disparity and it's actually not a mistake (or a scam as you delicately called it) but quite real... it's possible that those paying full price at a given hotel are disappointed in their experience based upon the price paid and wrote a negative review. On the other hand, those who received a 50%+ discount LOVED the hotel based upon the price paid and found it to be a tremendous value, thus giving it glowing reviews. As noted above i think the issue in this situation is the low number of reviews, or perhaps we're totally off base with our guess of this property, but you can't take one piece of information (100% recommended by HOTWIRE guests) and assume the hotel will be fantastic... nor can you take the TA rating by itself and think the stay will be subpar... you need to process as much information as possible and determine if this appears to a property which will meet your needs or not.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I think you are right about it being La Quinta. Being a Hotwire newbie (I have had a lot of success bidding on priceline and have looked at Hotwire a lot but never actually purchased) I had not seen that on subsequent pages they give the ACTUAL tripadvisor rating. Obviously not the Park Vue and not a scam as I so delicately put it since that info is rather transparent once you proceed.

However, I am shocked at the idea that the opaque rate would only be $4 less than than named hotel rate. Is that typical. I don't see that as enough of a savings to justify the roll of the dice. So...thanks for saving me from the La Quinta. I am thinking we might just cough up the $119/night to try the Park Vue. We have stayed at Red Lion quite a few times (mostly from PL wins but also booked straight up) but think we want to be closer. I have the RL priced down to $100 night with specials.

Thank you for your help!

If I do go back and decide to go with Hotwire or Priceline I will use your links AND report back on what I end up with!

Cynthia

Fortunately the vast majority of HOTWIRE purchases offer significant savings, much more than the minimal savings above... but the 'outlier' with little savings does happen from time-to-time. This is more prevalent in lower rated hotels since there is only so much you can discount a $60/nite hotel room vs. a higher rated hotel in which the hotel has more flexibility to discount due to the higher price point and margin.

Please follow-up this thread with whatever you decide to do for this stay, even if it's not PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, so this thread will have a 'resolution' which helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone.

Also, if you do choose to book direct, please check our support page and use the links there whenever possible, where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies.

Good luck in your pursuit.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]