Priceline Hotel: 3 1/2* Seattle Downtown & Needle for 7/29 help

ChellyO
By ChellyO,
in

I'm guessing you're looking at $110-125 for a 3.5* and possibly somewhat higher.

Is $110 your maximum bid for this time, as i suspect at this time it may take near the upper end of the range that AaronJB posted, or as indicated, possible even higher.

If you let us know your maximum bid we can suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for offering to help! For a 3 1/2 star downtown, I'd go to $130. Sure seems like a lot though for just a 3 1/2 star. However, I am open for advice and suggestions. This is for a one night pre-cruise stay on Friday, July 29. I am a solo woman traveler so safety, security and no-fuss are important.

Thanks!

Woops... just re-read your fist post.

To confirm, are you bidding the "Seattle Center-Space Needle" zone only... or are you also include the "Seattle Downtown-Pike Place" zone too?

Please confirm and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

To avoid confusion, let's use "Pike Place" and "Space Needle" to differentiate between the two zones, since both are generally considered 'downtown'.

Are you looking for the least expensive in either zone OR are you willing to pay a little more to be in the Pike Place zone? If the latter, how high do you want to bid for a 3.5* in the Pike Market zone before including Space Needle in your bidding?

I am willing to pay a little more to be in Pike Place zone. My absolute limit in Pike Place zone is $130 for 3.5* (which seems awfully high for this star rating). If I can't get Pike Place with maximum bid of $130, will reluctantly accept a 3.5* hotel in Space Needle zone.

Hope this makes sense. Thank you

If I can't get Pike Place with maximum bid of $130, will reluctantly accept a 3.5* hotel in Space Needle zone.
So I am up to $120 rejected Pike Place and Space Needle...

Your bidding contradicts to how you indicate you want to bid...

Your first quote indicates you want to bid up to $130 for a 3.5* hotel in the Pike Place zone, then if that is rejected, lower your bid and include the Space Needle zone. If this is the case, you wouldn't be bidding Pike Place and Space Needle at $120 together... unless you have already bid up to $130 for the Pike Place zone.

Is my interpretation correct and make sense? Please clarify how you want to play this one and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

I wouldn't say 'wrong'... just inconsistent :)

If you want to try for a 3.5* up to $130, then if rejected try for a 3.5* in the Space Needle zone, you can try as follows:

At the 3.5* level you have EIGHT re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Pike Place...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135

I know you mentioned $130 as your upper limit, but i went up to $135 as if you do get this far, i think it's possible the extra $5 may make the difference... but of course you're free to stop at $130 if you'd like.

If the above is rejected, you can then close the browser and use htis link to re-access PRICELINE, and repeat, but only using Space Needle instead of Pike Place.

Any questions (especially regarding re-bidding) feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Followed your suggestions to the letter bidding up to and including $135. Rejeted

How about looking into a 3 *, they seem to get excellent reviews, we are also looking for a 3 - 4* for the 29th and 30th to see another Mariners game... but I'm ok to end up at the airport and take the tram in.... last month, I bid and got the Red Lion on 5th Avenue 4 * for $126, but on top of that $30 parking each night, yikes..... not willing to pay that much again..... as we really are there to see the game, not shop or eat at fine dining... just a thought

The name of the inn is: The Inn at Virginia Mason. It is refundable. I can cancel day of reservation. The inn is affiliated with the Virginia Mason Medical Center and is generally used by families of patients of the Virginia Mason Medical Ct.. I got a AAA rate. I believe it is considered a 2* because it does not have all the fine hotel "amenities".

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]