Hotwire Hotel: 2* Jackson GuestHouse Inn

PhatDaddy
By PhatDaddy,
in

$62.99 x 1 nights

+ 7.47 tax recovery charges & fees

---------

$ 70.46 total

Sorry, I can't post listed amenities since wife booked the stay and didn't copy them down prior to booking. However, I know they had a Free Continental Breakfast & outdoor swimming pool.

The GuestHouse Inn stay was an awful service experience. Upon arrival, found no towels, no toilet paper, no pillows. Housekeeper that delivered towels simply dropped them on the floor in the bathroom rather than hanging them. Woke up to a storm at 3 a.m. and a roof leak at 6 a.m. Had a few other negative experiences during the stay, so she didn't stick around to find out how the breakfast was.

Does anyone have tips for how to handle this with Hotwire customer service?

Sorry, I can't post listed amenities since wife booked the stay and didn't copy them down prior to booking...
You can still view the amenities by going to the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of the HOTWIRE home page.
Does anyone have tips for how to handle this with Hotwire customer service?
Did your wife log any of the complaints with the hotel? What would you like HOTWIRE to do at this point?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks--I didn't know about that.

Amenities listed in Hotwire for the win were:

• Complimentary Breakfast
  • Pool(s)
  • Business Center

Wife hasn't yet logged any complaints, and I thought I'd see if there were any general tips here before talking to Hotwire. I think it would be reasonable to think that Hotwire might refund a portion of the stay/provide a credit for another stay--what do others think? She felt like there wasn't much she could do with the hotel folks since she was Hotwire's customer, and because she was traveling with two small children getting in late at night, it wasn't worth hassling over it. In general, I feel the same way--when you're at the hotel you want to limit the time you are taking care of administrative matters, especially if you're arriving late at night. She felt the least disruptive thing she could do at the time for the kid's sake was to get through it and move on.

Thanks for the follow-up with the amenities.

At the very least i would at least notify the hotel that you're checking out early because the roof is leaking, ask for that person's name so you have a record of who you told, and state that you'll call to follow-up and ask who you should speak with... this way there is some documentation of your issue, and not "I stayed at your hotel last week and the roof leaked... what will you do for me now".

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]